SOLVED

Re: Marketo Email and Landing Page reports recognizing employee activity and interaction data.

Go to solution
AndreeMunoz
Level 1

Marketo Email and Landing Page reports recognizing employee activity and interaction data.

Hi there! I was wondering if anybody knew if there is a way to suppress or block employee interactions with landing pages or emails in order to have clean data? For example, if we have a landing page with 400 views, about 50 of those come from our own team members testing or editing the page which at a larger scale can skew our data. 

Any thoughts or insight here?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Email and Landing Page reports recognizing employee activity and interaction data.

Because employees now WFH so often (and not over VPN), the only way to do this would be to have a popup — similar to a cookie consent popup — where the person says “Don’t track me in Marketo to keep our reports clean.” Then you don’t load Munchkin if they don’t opt in.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

Also, with regard to email clicks, you can selectively disable click tracking (using Velocity) for employees as you would for anyone who opts out of tracking.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman

Because employees now WFH so often (and not over VPN), the only way to do this would be to have a popup — similar to a cookie consent popup — where the person says “Don’t track me in Marketo to keep our reports clean.” Then you don’t load Munchkin if they don’t opt in.

SanfordWhiteman

Also, with regard to email clicks, you can selectively disable click tracking (using Velocity) for employees as you would for anyone who opts out of tracking.