SOLVED

Re: Marketo Does Not Recognize my LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms

Go to solution
Robb_Extend
Level 1

Marketo Does Not Recognize my LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms

Hello I have created multiple lead gen forms on my LinkedIn account.  But Marketo is only recognizing the first form I created.  It will not recognize any other form that I have recently created.  I have disconnected my LinkedIn account from Marketo and reconnected it.  But I still only see the one form that I created in Marketo.  I don't see the other forms. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SaloniMadhok
Level 2

Hey Jonathan

I encountered the same situation while creating LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms for my company. A few things helped me to sort it out: 

1. As mentioned by Darshil, make sure you send a test lead via LinkedIn Form before Marketo starts recognising your form submissions. 
  2. Check for Marketo notifications if your LinkedIn Lead Gen is having any authorisation errors. Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 11.41.07 AM.png
  3. I made sure I am using the correct Trigger: Fills out LinkedIn Lead Gen Form , Lead Gen Form Name “contains” ProspectingEMEAGeneralJ2UWhitepaperENBScreenshot 2023-01-19 at 11.39.09 AM.png

Try these three and let me know if it works. All the best 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I assume you're not seeing the LinkedIn lead gen forms in the trigger/filters in the SL. When people submit their information in a LinkedIn Lead Gen Form, that information is pushed to Marketo immediately, making the form available in the Lead Gen Form Name drop-down. Form names won’t be visible until at least one person has submitted the form. Are you not able to see the forms in the drop-down that have one or more submissions?

dianasandate01
Level 1

Would they be able to create a report or smartlist and pull in that form to see how its performed? 

Darshil_Shah1

Without any form submissions on the LinkedIn Lead Gen Form, the value would not be available in the filter/trigger dropdown, and for the forms with one or more values, they would be able to see the form submissions in the SL using the filter - "Filled out LinkedIn Lead Gen Form". If they select "Lead Gen Form Name" is "any" they should see the form submissions on all the LinkedIn Lead Gen forms that have one or more submissions. Also, since this is available as a filter, this can also be used as an additional item to filter people in the reports that support SLs in them.

Robb_Extend
Level 1

It wasn't recognizing the form at all in Marketo.  I had to preview the form through the ad preview and fill it out for Marketo to recognize the form. 

Robb_Extend
Level 1

Thank Darshil.  That worked!   I did not realize I had to preview the form and fill it out before Marketo would recognize the form.  Thanks again!! 

JonathanTPL
Level 1

Hi there, I'm also having the same issue, I've however end a test lead on the linkedin campaign and it still hasn't shown up for some reason!

Darshil_Shah1

Do you see the LinkedIn Lead Gen Form Fill activity in the activity log of the test record? FYR - There should be at least 1 lead gen form fill activity in the Marketo for it to appear in the dropdowns. 

SaloniMadhok
Level 2

Hey Jonathan

I encountered the same situation while creating LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms for my company. A few things helped me to sort it out: 

1. As mentioned by Darshil, make sure you send a test lead via LinkedIn Form before Marketo starts recognising your form submissions. 
  2. Check for Marketo notifications if your LinkedIn Lead Gen is having any authorisation errors. Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 11.41.07 AM.png
  3. I made sure I am using the correct Trigger: Fills out LinkedIn Lead Gen Form , Lead Gen Form Name “contains” ProspectingEMEAGeneralJ2UWhitepaperENBScreenshot 2023-01-19 at 11.39.09 AM.png

Try these three and let me know if it works. All the best 🙂

Katja_Keesom

That should indeed do the trick. On your second point, I would put a reminder in your calendar to re-authorize the connection to LinkedIn on time. It remains valid for a limited period only and if you let that expire it is quite the effort to revive it.