SOLVED

Marketo Database Access

Go to solution
abhishek_c
Level 2

Marketo Database Access

Hi All,

Is there any possibility to do direct connection to Marketo Database as I can see most of the companies are doing that. So, is there any way we can directly query and fetch the data from Marketo Database instead of the using API's to retrieve the Data (like for Eg: if Marketo uses Sql Server then Accessing Marketo SQL by IP Address and Credentials to retrieve Data which is store in Marketo). My use-case is to export complete data from Marketo and store it in local Database.

If there are different plans for that then we're fine with that too. Can anyone suggest..

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Marketo Database Access

Hi Abhishek,

Not sure what you mean by a direct connection. Depending on your CRM, options are different.

Both Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics have a native integration with Marketo, where you can simply exchange credentials and configure which CRM data you want to sync. For both platforms as well as any other CRM there is also the option to integrate using Rest API. It entirely depends on your use case what is the best solution for you.

As I mentioned in one of your previous threads, it sounds like you could do with some proper advise on your specific use case before proceeding. It is really important to make the right integration choice from the start.

Kind regards,

Katja

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Is there any possibility to do direct connection to Marketo Database as I can see most of the companies are doing that. 

What a strange thing to say!  No companies are doing that with SaaS apps. You can't get direct wire protocol access to the databases of any common platform.

We're firmly in the 'Age of the API' now and have been for at least a decade now. You'll have to use the Marketo REST API.

SanfordWhiteman

Both Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics have a native integration with Marketo, where you can simply exchange credentials and configure which CRM data you want to sync. For both platforms as well as any other CRM there is also the option to integrate using Rest API.

So Abhishek doesn't get confused... the "native" integration still uses the published Salesforce API. It's not connecting with the Oracle driver!

So Salesforce, from the outside, doesn't get privileged access to the Marketo database. The integration of course benefits from Marketo engineering's internal access to their own database, but that's a different story.

4 REPLIES 4
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Abhishek,

Not sure what you mean by a direct connection. Depending on your CRM, options are different.

Both Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics have a native integration with Marketo, where you can simply exchange credentials and configure which CRM data you want to sync. For both platforms as well as any other CRM there is also the option to integrate using Rest API. It entirely depends on your use case what is the best solution for you.

As I mentioned in one of your previous threads, it sounds like you could do with some proper advise on your specific use case before proceeding. It is really important to make the right integration choice from the start.

Kind regards,

Katja

abhishek_c
Level 2

@Katja_Keesom, I meant like can we have direct access to Marketo Database Access. So, that we can directly query it and fetch the data from Marketo Database instead of the using API's to retrieve the Data. My use-case is to export complete data from Marketo.

SanfordWhiteman

Both Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics have a native integration with Marketo, where you can simply exchange credentials and configure which CRM data you want to sync. For both platforms as well as any other CRM there is also the option to integrate using Rest API.

So Abhishek doesn't get confused... the "native" integration still uses the published Salesforce API. It's not connecting with the Oracle driver!

So Salesforce, from the outside, doesn't get privileged access to the Marketo database. The integration of course benefits from Marketo engineering's internal access to their own database, but that's a different story.

SanfordWhiteman

Is there any possibility to do direct connection to Marketo Database as I can see most of the companies are doing that. 

What a strange thing to say!  No companies are doing that with SaaS apps. You can't get direct wire protocol access to the databases of any common platform.

We're firmly in the 'Age of the API' now and have been for at least a decade now. You'll have to use the Marketo REST API.