SOLVED

Marketo Cookie Rejection -> Form Data Not Submitted

Go to solution
yaitmaat
Level 1

Marketo Cookie Rejection -> Form Data Not Submitted

Hi Marketo community,

I have an issue with a hidden form submission after refusing cookie usage (GDPR).

If the visitor chooses to reject cookies or do not activate it through the setting parameters console, our Marketo form renders fine, but the data is not submitted when we trigger the submit button.

In our case, we have a form validation script which allows (or not) to validate the form upstream if all the fields are correctly filled.

Is there a way to submit the form without Marketo cookies being accepted?

I've linked the landing page here: Ouvrir un compte entreprise | DHL Express - France

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Cookie Rejection -> Form Data Not Submitted

Your server changes the response based on the person’s opt-in cookie, after refreshing.

Here you see the response if the person opted in. Line #411 loads the Forms 2.0 library. This line does not exist in the response otherwise.

SanfordWhiteman_0-1668452887516.png

(It’s kind of surprising that your web team is not aware that this is the cause, since it’s their own code that determines whether the Forms 2.0 lib and form embed are included.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Marketo form submissions in no way depend on cookie support — Munchkin need not even be loaded alongside the form embed. So the problem is clearly in your code. Please link your page so people can observe and debug the error.

yaitmaat
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for your response, I've edited my initial post and added the link to the landing page: Ouvrir un compte entreprise | DHL Express - France

SanfordWhiteman

Your server changes the response based on the person’s opt-in cookie, after refreshing.

Here you see the response if the person opted in. Line #411 loads the Forms 2.0 library. This line does not exist in the response otherwise.

SanfordWhiteman_0-1668452887516.png

(It’s kind of surprising that your web team is not aware that this is the cause, since it’s their own code that determines whether the Forms 2.0 lib and form embed are included.)