SOLVED

Re: Marketo add-in disabled in Outlook

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo add-in disabled in Outlook

Hello, 

I have a recurring issue where some employees' Marketo plugin stops working with Outlook. This image was sent to me by the most recent indidivudal who is having issues. 

0EM50000000SIjK.jpg

Should I have them follow these steps - 
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KywBCAS

Or, should I re-issue a license? 

Thank you!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

We ran into this issue recently. Reissuing did not work and neither did the steps you mention above.

I am not sure what the cause was, but I thought it might have something to do with updates they made to support Outlook 2013. We had to revoke the existing license and send new invites to the team members it was affecting.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We ran into this issue recently. Reissuing did not work and neither did the steps you mention above.

I am not sure what the cause was, but I thought it might have something to do with updates they made to support Outlook 2013. We had to revoke the existing license and send new invites to the team members it was affecting.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok Joe, that's waht I was afraid of. YOU DA MAN! Thank you 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bummer that this keeps on happening, though. I've had to do this several times over for the same reps. Marketo support tells me it's a local problem involving our firewall or security products, and my IT team tells me that nothing internal is causing the problem. So I'm stuck revoking and reissuing licenses every time it happens.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smells like an idea in the making... It is annoying to do this over and over. Some reps have stopped using the plugin altogether because of glitches like this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya I am sure reps get really frustrated and just give up on the technology after a couple deactivations...I don't mind reissuing licenses, but I am more worried about the use of the plugin going down and decreasing reps productivity. 
Lauren_Dillon
Level 2

My experience is that revoking and reissuing licenses and uninstalling reinstalling doesn't work. I've tried several methods a couple times and I'm not sure this is solved. Any tips I may be overlooking would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya this keeps happening over and over again. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Marketo directly? It sounds like @joe has tried this before to no avail. 
Peter_1_Kim
Level 2

Just wanted to pick back up on this discussion and see if there has been any new developments around this issue. We are also continually running into this issue with some of our employees and the only solution that has worked for us was to revoke and reissue new licenses every time it happens.

It seems to occur with both Outlook 2010 and 2013 and so it doesn't appear to solely be an Outlook 2013 issue (at least from our end)
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI--I want to piggy back on this as well. We are constantly having to revoke and reissue licenses because they stop working. At this point, the reps don't want to use the product because it is so frustrating and time consuming. Any new developments on this? Anyone heard from Marketo?