SOLVED

Snippets or My Tokens?

Go to solution
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Snippets or My Tokens?

One of our sales people recently left the company and his email signature was on the bottom of about a dozen emails. I now have to edit and re-approve each email with another associate's name, title, and phone.

If this other person ends up leaving, I don't want to have to change each email again like I'm doing now. Can anyone recommend a specific and easy way to change these emails going forward? Would snippets solve my problem here? Or "My Tokens" in the Program (I'm not sure what to enter in "Value")?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Snippets or My Tokens?

Hey Adam. 

We have a very top level folder in Marketing Activities with the tokens, Sender Name & Sender Email.

{{my.Sender Name}}

Then you can put that into all of your signatures & at the tops of email the from/email address. Then if someone leaves, you only need change it once. And if you want to create a folder lower down & have all of those emails come from someone else, you need only overwrite it at the subfolder & it will flow to all the emails below.

Make sense?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Adam. 

We have a very top level folder in Marketing Activities with the tokens, Sender Name & Sender Email.

{{my.Sender Name}}

Then you can put that into all of your signatures & at the tops of email the from/email address. Then if someone leaves, you only need change it once. And if you want to create a folder lower down & have all of those emails come from someone else, you need only overwrite it at the subfolder & it will flow to all the emails below.

Make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam - it depends on what your email signature looks like.  If you are just using name, job title, etc. you can use tokens which will change automatically with the information in Marketo, but if you want to include the lead owner actual signature, LinkedIn, etc. I would use snippets.  With snippets you would just need to create the segementation, and then create a snippet for each lead owner which can be as custom as you would like and they can look differently for each owner - that's what I do.  Hope that helps! 
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Thank you for the help, Adam and Kristen. I actually figured it out right after posting. I set certain "My Tokens" at the program level as suggested.

0EM50000000SjTT.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adam, another option to consider is leveraging the SF lead assignment/owner token fields. This allows you to leverage the logic in SF to to send emails from the lead owner along with their phone and email. 

Using your example, once the leads were reassigned, emails would automatically come from the lead owner.

Of course, the above only works if you have really good SF rules in place and are good about maintaing the info in SF.

The other option of course is the token process that Kristen and Adam mentioned.

Anonymous
Not applicable

At my old company the leads were owned by Sales, but emails came from Marketing. So that's why this procedure was in place. 

At my new company the emails all come from the SDRs, so we use the method that Jeff suggests.