SOLVED

Marketo access for partners w/o sharing leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo access for partners w/o sharing leads

A couple of partner companies asked us if we could give them access to our Marketo instance. They are supposed to send emails to their databases that include information about us (as a part of their partner contract), but they don't own any mass email engagement system, or so they claim. So their idea is to have their own access to our Marketo instance, upload their leads there and execute their own programs. They don't want us to see the leads they upload there, and we would also like to make our own leads invisible to them. Would there be any smart and simple solution for that? Workspaces & partitions came to my mind first but a.f.a.i.k. there's no way to hide any leads in any workspace from the admin of the instance, right?

Thanks for any ideas!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo access for partners w/o sharing leads

This is not possible because you would always  be able to see the leads as the Admin. And if you don't set it up right, then the leads could sync to SFDC.

if the partner is sending leads on their own email domain, you should also NOT let them have access to your system at all. I would think this is a very dangerous setup that opens you up to a lot of liability and spam issues.

If your partner has their own leads and wants to send on their behalf (not yours), they need to do this with their own system. I'm sure they can find a tool appropriate to their needs.

If they are supposed to send you back leads that agreed to be contacted, you should setup a process for this that does not let them direct access to YOUR system.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is not possible because you would always  be able to see the leads as the Admin. And if you don't set it up right, then the leads could sync to SFDC.

if the partner is sending leads on their own email domain, you should also NOT let them have access to your system at all. I would think this is a very dangerous setup that opens you up to a lot of liability and spam issues.

If your partner has their own leads and wants to send on their behalf (not yours), they need to do this with their own system. I'm sure they can find a tool appropriate to their needs.

If they are supposed to send you back leads that agreed to be contacted, you should setup a process for this that does not let them direct access to YOUR system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

First, this needs to be vetted with Marketo as it may be in violation of your contract.  So I would check there.  If you want to grant them access you will most likely need a special license to do so which is an additional cost. 

Secondly, even if you do give them access under contract, the admin will have full access to their workspaces and partitions.

The best thing id for them to sign their own contract with Marketo.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Elena,

Vote here :

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Huge thanks to everyone for your answers! Very helpful!