making a list to exclude domains

Anonymous
Not applicable

making a list to exclude domains

How Do I build a list with domains I want to exclude, then how do I apply that list using a smart list to a campaign?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: making a list to exclude domains

1. Create a Smart Campaign called something descriptive like Send Email
  2. In the Smart List tab, drag in the Email Address filter (see image below)
  3. In the Flow tab, drag in the Send Email flow action.

User-added image

Once ran, this Smart Campaign would send an email to all leads in your Marketo database minus those with the email addresses in your filter. A good way to exclude domains is to use the not contains operator coupled with company.com for example:

User-added image

This should get you on the right track, Stephen. Any more questions, feel free to ask!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam,
In case, I am having thousands of domains to exclude, is it feasible to add all the domains in this filter?
Rather I would like to add a list of domains to be excluded in marketo and exclude that list in smartlist.
Any possible solutions for this? please provide suggestions..
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rajagopal,

You can certainly use this method to exclude thousands of email domains. Keep in mind however that the more you add, the slower it will load! Also, there is a limit on the number of lines you can include in a filter. To bypass this, simply split the lines up into chunks of about 1k and place them in other Email Address filters. Then change the smart list filter logic to "ANY" and this should give you the result you want.