SOLVED

Re: Love the New Email editor <3

Go to solution
Srujan_Vishwana
Level 4

Love the New Email editor <3

I dont know about others but I'm in love with the new editor. Yes, I do miss the earlier side by side view but this is a refreshing change and more importantly easy to use. I use a table more often these days and the new (Microsoft Word style) table creator is amazing.

Keep it coming Marketo!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anton_Belo1
Level 2

The new editor is so bad!

• hard to customize links without diving into the html now
  • Images are also hard to customize
  • Accessing the HTML is also an extra step

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anton_Belo1
Level 2

The new editor is so bad!

• hard to customize links without diving into the html now
  • Images are also hard to customize
  • Accessing the HTML is also an extra step
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Anton,

How did you previously customize your links? If we added a simple "style" textbox so you could add custom CSS would that be sufficient? Same question for images, which functions did you previously use?

Justin

Colby_Dix
Level 5

So, in what can only be considered classic Marketo form at this point they have "updated" the email editor with such a broken pile of garbage that a considerable amount of additional time is necessary to fix and author emails now. The WYSIWIG editor is anything but and forces all sorts of extranneous and unwanted html at every turn. This is HUGELY disappointing that you would see fit to put out a feature that is clearly nowhere near production ready. We spend a lot of money on this service and expect better.

Accessing HTML is a secondary menu, Bulletted lists create a formatting nightmare that can only be fixed by manually entering the HTML code. A white background is forced on colored text that can only be manually removed in HTML as well.

VERY frustrating.

ooooh shiny.
Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Yes there are definitely a few issues with the new editors. Biggest pet peeves of mine are as follows:

1. You can no longer remove an image from a landing page. Marketo support has told us this was a bug before, and now they have fixed it. Unfortunately, we find this is less functionality than before as now landing pages are more rigid. We want to have placeholder images to guide Marketers as to how large their images should be. Now, the only way to get around this is to place a 1 x 1 pixel of a transparent image. Also, it would be nice to be able to update an image with a hyperlink. Seems like that would be basic functionality to have for image elements.
  2. Landing page template editor throws up an error when there is an ampersand in an image URL. Not sure why this would be considered an error, but alas.
  3. Hyperlink editor you can no longer access advanced settings for a hyperlink. This means if you style your links, the Marketo editor will ignore those and add new blue hyperlinks under your links.
  4. Image editor does not retain image dimensions when new images are uploaded. If the template defines an image to a certain size, not sure why the new Marketo editor just overrides that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plus, the new editor will not let you include soft returns <br /> tags unless you go through the HTML code view (buried - which requires an extra click). We use soft returns to ensure our emails display more consistently across different email clients. This is in addition to all the points already brought up.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

I'm really of two minds about the whole ordeal; for emails I actually prefer the classic editor but find that the new editor is much better about accepting JS/HTML5, so I wind up using it a lot for landing pages.

Needless to say, I'm usually switching editors 2-3x a day. 😕