SOLVED

Re: Live Q&A: Ask the Expert for Marketo Real-Time Personalization

Go to solution
David_Myers
Level 4

Live Q&A: Ask the Expert for Marketo Real-Time Personalization

Hi Community,

I’ll be available online for the next 3 hours (May 8th from 8am – 11am PDT) to answer any of your questions live regarding Marketo Real-Time Personalization (RTP) during our first Ask the Expert session #MKTOAsktheExpert.

Here are some examples of the questions you may have.

• Want to know how to target and personalize content on your web/mobile to your anonymous or known prospects visiting your website?
  • Are you interested in displaying personalized web content to your key revenue generating accounts, using an account-based marketing strategy?
  • Want to know which are the most effective personalized campaigns?
  • Interested in how Marketo Real-Time Personalization can integrate with your Marketing Automation and personalize content to your known leads?

Feel free to post any questions and I’ll be happy to answer them. This is not a webinar, it’s a live Q&A. Don’t forget to categorize your discussion with “Real-Time Personalization”. For more details, click here.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

David

Product Manager - Marketo Real-Time Personalization

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan, 

I recently had a customer ask me about how should I think about RTP as a stand alone offering vs. something integrated with the Marketo Platform. And then you asked a second quetions about what sort of analytics are available if I use RTP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Thanks David!

Will the Q&A notes be posted after the session is over?
David_Myers
Level 4

Hi Kim, 

Yes, we will put together and share several of the FAQs regarding Marketo Real-Time Personalization.

Regards,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan, 

I recently had a customer ask me about how should I think about RTP as a stand alone offering vs. something integrated with the Marketo Platform. And then you asked a second quetions about what sort of analytics are available if I use RTP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that therre are 3 options for publishing personalized content; widget, dialog and in zone.  Can you explain the differences and suggest best practices for when to use each?
David_Myers
Level 4

Hi Don,

Thanks for your question.

For presenting a real-time call to action or content, we currently provide those three options you mentioned: a Dialog, Inzoen and Widget.

Here is a definition of each and when best to use them:

Dialog: The dialog is an overlay that you can position on your website and customize the colors, style and content/images.

This appears for a determined period of time (usually 30 or 60 seconds) and then fades away. The dialog is most often used to promote regional events, webinars (live and on demand) or recent news announcements. It's a great way to catch the eye of the prospect and display the content on top of the web page.

In Zone: An In Zone campaign replaces an element of your website based on the Zone id with content or graphical banners.

This is used to replace a main banner on a home page, or change a block of content to be more personalized to the relevant segment. It's an option that blends into the site, really well and reacts within milliseconds of the page load, so the visitor does not notice the change but will notice that the content is personalized and relevant to them.

Widget: A Widget campaign is a sticky text or banner that appears on the vertical side of your web page with the ability to expand and contract, while remaining fixed on the web page throughout the visit.

You sometimes see support, contact us or chat features using a widget. It can also be used to promote relevant case studies, white papers and events which have proved succesful campaigns in the past.

I hope that clarifies the 3 different real-time campaign options!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could I create a campaign to target visitors from a specific Google Adwords ad?  While we typically direct ad clickthrus to a landing page, sometimes people then choose to visit the website instead of filling out the form as they're not quite ready to commit to sharing contact info so curious if this might be another way to identify and then try a different approach to engage them.
David_Myers
Level 4

Hi Dan,

Regarding your question about Marketo RTP as a stand alone offering vs the integration with Marketo Marketing Automation.

As a stand alone platform Marketo RTP, can identify and segment your anonymous prospects (remember over 98% of your web visitors are anonymous) according to organization name, industry, location and onsite digital behavior. And then auto-engage these prospects with a real-time campaign and call to action.

With the integration with Marketo Marketing Automation, you can create segments and real-time campaigns to your known leads in Marketo according to their attributes. For example, you can run a real-time campaign on your website/mobile site for all known leads that return to your site who are CMO's with a nurturing score above 50. Or another example any known lead that is at an advanced stage of the buying cycle and their role is a decision maker.

In terms of analytics available with RTP, the platform provides top organizations, leads and campaigns email reports.
You can also view this type of data within the RTP platform and UI.

We also append our firmographic data with Google Analytics and Adobe SiteCatalyst, so in your web analytics platform you can see which organization from which industries were visiting your website.

This is valuable data from a B2B perspective that analytics platforms do not provide.

You can also view your real-time campaign performance (impressions and conversions) within your web analytics platform and compare it to your site averages.

George_Roberts2
Level 1

David - your post says that for anonymous prospects you can segment by organization name. When editing segments in RTP Web Personalization, organization name is not an option under Firmographics. Why is that? Where can I set the segment to target anonymous users for web personalization? Thanks!

David_Myers
Level 4

Hi Don,

Thanks for the follow up question, regarding targeting visitors coming to your site from Google Adwords.

You can target (segment and run real-time campaigns) to the visitors that arrive from a paid campaign onto your landing page.

This is done by creating a segment in RTP (according to referral from Google ads or by segmenting them using the specific page option) and then setting a real-time campaign to react on your website targeted those specific visitors.

A very useful feature with Real-Time Personalization is being able to identify these prospects (by organization name and industry) that are arriving to your landing page from Google Ads, so you can measure the quality of visitors your ad campaigns are bringing.

In addition, we have integration with Google Analytics, so any type of RTP segments that you create, you can then turn into a remarketing list and launch a remarketing ad campaign within Google Display.

Good luck with that!