Re: List that all emails always get sent to

Anonymous
Not applicable

List that all emails always get sent to

I would like to have a list of certain members of my team always receive a copy of every email that gets sent out through Marketo. This is just to keep everyone in the loop without needing to manually add them to the smart list or list every time we send out an email.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michele Harman,

In fact there is no way to set this up and forget it. It has to be factored in your typical target lists that you ought to prepare in the lead database and reuse in all you campaigns.

Would be worth an idea, if it does not exist already.

-Greg

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Yup, we don't currently have a way to do this but I've definitely heard the request before. You must add the list manually each time.

Only other option is to enable a BCC mailbox, but that would BCC the mailbox on every single individual email sent through Marketo (probably not what you're looking for).

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Michele,

We have the same requirements and to date have had no success. We keep hammering Marketo on the importance of adding Seed Lists to email campaigns but it appears they have bigger fish to fry at this time.

Be sure to search for and vote on these ideas .

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is just a static seed list. Yes, you must explicitly add this to your smart campaigns every time.

This is an Idea, however, I don't see this as big a deal as the others. It's a quick add on. I see it as more of an issue when sending a seed list to tools like Litmus because it involves keeping those records out of other workflows.

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

With mutliple campaigns running in certain regions / countries per week the contacts on your seed list reach their comms limit quickly. To bypass this you need a separate smart campaign for every email send that bypasses the comms limit for the seeds. This requires a lot of extra work if you're running dozens of campaigns daily.