Re: List import missed one column from csv file

Anonymous
Not applicable

List import missed one column from csv file

Hello, my scv file has Country in one of the columns, but it did not get picked up when importing the list into Marketo .. it is a long list so i cannot manually enter the country for each person on the list.. any idea what i could have missed in the import process?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Hi,

When you upload a file you need to pick from the picklist the fields you want to sync, so just to be sure when you go over the list may be the countries are under a different name or with capital C.

Ronen Wasserman
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ronen .. I must have missed the sync options for the country ... I would then need to go back and delete the list and import it again, correct? the action of "remove from list" would only affect the current list of people, correct? it would not remove them from any other database, right?

on another note, is there no manual way to add one same country to the entire list? edit all kind of set up to add the country to the list rather than repeating the import process?

thanks again

Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

When you remove people from kist they are only removed from the exact list (just be careful not to delete them from other places). Usually uploading a list is a short process so try doing it again and look for the country field. You can manually add the same country using a smart list. You need to add  "member of the list" then "change data value" to the specific country.

Ronen Wasserman
Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

Hi Rana,

All you need to do is import the list again with the email address and country columns. Marketo will match the country field to the correct lead based on email address, so no need to even include the other columns from your list. This is the easiest and probably fastest way to populate the country field.

If everyone in the list is from the same country, you could also go to the static list you imported them in to -> select all -> change data value -> and select the country field and enter the Country value. This is a quick way to update everyone only if they are all from the same country

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect, many thanks Kevin

The change data value worked like magic! Much appreciated

Rana NASSAR

Sales Operations

Mobile : +971505527696

Dubai, UAE

www.vocalcom.com

Please consider the environment before printing this email. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and notify the sender.

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

Rana Nassar​ Glad to hear you resolved the issue. Always happy to help out!

Sonali_Jadeja3
Level 4

I agree with Kevin. The re-import with only email address and country column in a CSV is a faster way to update those contacts (if all of them have different country values.)