Re: Linux w/ Firefox not showing Marketo forms

Anonymous
Not applicable

Linux w/ Firefox not showing Marketo forms

Linux w/ Firefox not showing Marketo forms but using Chrome, the user can see the form. Anyone else experienced this? Our target is developers so having it work on a Linux machine is important

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A basic form works fine for me​ in FF38/Ubuntu.

You're going to have to dig deeper.  Are there messages in the browser console?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the root cause. In the security preferences there are two options:

[ ] Block reported attack sites
[ ] Block reported web forgeries

for some reason if one of those is enabled, the javascript code is not loaded. So my question is: why marketoff_market_problem.png is being blocked by FF ?

Firefox blocked marketo content. Inside our page source code it instruct to download the following script:

app-ab04.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js

but if the security options are enabled, content from marketo.com (service provider) is not downloaded, for short: firefox black listed marketo.com for some reason.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Those checkboxes are checked by default in Firefox, and the screenshot I sent you is from a default (untweaked) installation of Firefox 38 on Ubuntu.

In addition, the list of sites consulted by Firefox on Linux and on Windows is the same: they use the same Google Safe Browsing database used by Chrome.  If you look up marketo.com you'll see it isn't currently listed.

I assume there is something wrong with that Firefox installation and no general cause for alarm.  Reinstall FF on your test box and try again.