Linking multiple Marketo programs to one Zoom Webinar

James_Glavin
Level 5

Linking multiple Marketo programs to one Zoom Webinar

Hi all,

I'm set up an integration with Zoom webinars which seems to be working well. We want to promote the same webinar to different segments of our database. For internal reasons, the easiest way would be to have separate Marketo webinar programs. I've done some testing, and it *seems* to work OK. People marked as registered in either program, their info is passed to Zoom.

But I'm curious if anyone else done this, and are there any potential pitfalls I should be aware of? 

Thanks,
James

9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Linking multiple Marketo programs to one Zoom Webinar

Hi James,

Generally none of the webinar providers recommend this. You want a 1-1 relationship between Program and Webinar.

Glad it's working.

If you want to track success rate of AB tests, different channels, etc I recommend leveraging UTM parameters and then reporting in SFDC or using smart lists.

It's sleeker and easier to maintain.

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi James

You can't really do this since the webinar integration is reliant upon the program statuses in a program that is synced to Zoom. So if you could have two Marketo programs synced to the same Zoom webinar....then if the program status changes to "attended" on the Zoom side, should it update BOTH programs? This gets a bit messy and the integration doesn't support it.

However, we run something like this as a workaround: we have one master program synced to the webinar, and then if we invite people via another program, we just use a flow step to change their status to be "invited" in the master program from the other program. So you are still using that master program for program status and the Zoom sync, but you can trigger different statuses from different places. 

Diego_Villamiza
Level 2

Hi Jame,

Wondering if you manage to connect multiple Marketo programs to the same webinar? We are planning to do the same as we have multiple partition. What is your suggestion on this?

Thanks,

Diego

Karl_Te_Aika
Level 1

Hi Diego,

Did you manage to execute your plan to run multiple programs/partitions to one Zoom webinar?

I'm looking to do the same thing and it seems possible to do so (both partitions have programs with the same Event Settings) - I haven't yet run a full test with registrations and status updates.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Karl

Recho
Level 3

@Phillip_Wild  we are trying to fix an issue with webinar which is close to the thread any help will be great:

we have Marketo program synced with zoom webinar  scheduled for next week.

Initially registration required option was checked and we were able to register most of our leads, later someone unchecked "registration required" option , once we identified this the "registration required" option was checked again.

issue now is we have some leads that are in "registration error" status , we have tried retry registration error and manually update the registration status but none seems to work.

when we try to refresh webinar from options it shows webinar does not exist.

For testingwe created another program and use sample lead to register and it was successfully registered.

what shall be the best way to fix :

1. we create another marketo program and register leads with registration error only. (but would webinar link for previous leads that were registered successfully be still valid ), so in this case will all leads be able to attend. the webinar and status can be tracked separately.

2. we change program status to non-member for everyone and register everyone in new marketo program using same webinar?

any help is appreciated

@Darshil_Shah1 

Darshil_Shah1

Disabling the Registration Required checkbox has been known to cause the Registration Errors in Marketo programs. Additionally, not ideal, but I've seen a few isolated cases where updating the webinar after associating it with a Marketo program resulted in breaking the Marketo program - zoom event association, and in a couple of cases, the Marketo program no longer being able to find/lookup the webinar (similar to your case).

Your integration as a whole, i.e., the Launchpoint service is still a-okay as you were able to successfully test integration via a sample test program and event. I'd recommend you create a new program in Marketo associate it with the existing Zoom webinar, transfer the people who are Registered to this new Marketo program, and just send the Registration confirmation email to people who ran into the Registration Error with the correct webinar join link (assuming people who'd have successfully Registered in the previous program would have been sent the correct webinar join link). Let us know if you have questions! 🙂

Recho
Level 3

@Darshil_Shah1  Thank you very much for prompt response, we implemented option 1, created new program and synced with webinars, removed everyone from old program (to avoid incorrect joining link), registered all of them in new programs.

we have been able to successfully register all of them. hoping to have a smooth webinar. 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help.

Darshil_Shah1

Cool- thank you for the update, @Recho! All the best! 👍

Recho
Level 3

Hi @Darshil_Shah1  Sharing update , our webinars successfully concluded with no issues.

Steps :

We unregistered all the leads from the original event program and removed the channel with webinar sync to avoid duplication of sync status from zoom.

Created new event program and registered everyone.

Regards

Animesh