Linkedin Lead gen

KT_CD
Level 2

Linkedin Lead gen

We have a bunch of leadgen forms live right now but ever since our director left the company, I connected my linkedin in our launchpoint service and new forms are not showing up nor are some leads in existing campaigns. It says the account is correctly connected and the mapping is the same as before so I'm not sure what the issue is?

How can I troubleshoot this?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Linkedin Lead gen

New LinkedIn lead gen forms would not appear in the trigger/filter drop down if there aren't any form fills for those in Marketo for any person. If already not, could you try submitting the form for a test record and then check? Since you have already verified the service in Launchpoint, this should ideally do the trick for new forms not appearing in the drop-downs! Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Amanda_Reilly3
Level 3

Re: Linkedin Lead gen

Hi there! As Darshil mentioned, a test lead needs to be sent through a new form in linkedin lead gen for Marketo to be able to see the form. It's pretty frustrating, but there's not a way to send a "test" lead without the form being live and sending through the record by viewing the ad if I'm not mistaken. I like to test forms with a specific email address too so I can make sure the proper form came through (ie areilly+linkedinform1test@etumos.com). These will all still look like legitimate leads and will receive responses to your normal email address as if the + isn't there.

If this doesn't work, I would also check your field mappings. Marketo/Linkedin requires you use the name of the field that's mapped in the field mapping of the API set up. I've seen it a few times where a person syncs email address with the typical email address field, but then tried to mask it with "business email" in linked in, and then they won't sync to Marketo because the field isn't mapped correctly. 

Hope that helps! Let us know if you still can't find the solution or if any of the above helped 🙂 

Amanda Reilly
Marketing Operations Consultant at Etumos