SOLVED

Re: LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms -- Available Fields?

Go to solution
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

that's an interesting idea, but I wonder about the idea that people even put their work email address in anyway given that you need to have your personal email address follow you throughout your career.

sure, if you're in sales or some sort of customer facing role you put your email address in there but otherwise I wouldn't actually trust the work email field anyway.. you'd just end up collecting stale information because someone hasn't updated their work email from three workplaces ago..

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Which is why in its current form, the LinkedIn Lead Gen connector is not a reliable solution for B2B marketers.  Without a secondary email field in Marketo that can be used for users' personal social media accounts (this isn't just a LinkedIn issue), the ability to define an audience in Marketo - where we have company email addresses - and push our campaigns to these folks using Ad Bridge - may be difficult and/or unreliable.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Just saw this as part of the upcoming Fall 2017 release:

pastedImage_0.png

I'm hoping this will allow us to finally capture "work/company email".  I wonder if we can then hide the primary email address field?

Alexandre_Paul3
Level 1

It supposed to have been released according to Dec updates.

LinkedIn Lead Gen Custom Questions

Customize your LinkedIn Lead Gen forms to collect custom lead attributes. You can now ask up to three custom questions per form, choose from single line text input or multiple-choice questions, and map back to Marketo lead fields.

(https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Release+Notes%3A+Fall+%2717#ReleaseNotes:Fall'17-Linked...

Abaran
Level 5

Hello Chris

How are you managing to pass the opt-in (GDPR) request from a LinkedIn Lead Gen form to Marketo? is this via a custom field? have you been able to map it?

Do you know if we can get the company name and country based on the user profile and have Linkedin pass it to marketo or are we forced to asked for them via the form?

Thanks

Axel

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Hi Axel,

We actually ended up passing on the LinkedIn Lead Gen forms tool. For us, business email address is significantly more important as we're a strictly B2B, and since LinkedIn auto-feeds their personal email address into the database, we'd have to ask them to fill out that field by hand which completely defeats the purpose of the tool as a 1-click form fill. My understanding is that they can NOT support custom fields via LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms, but that was when I last looked at the documentation much earlier this year so that may have changed.

Best of luck!

Caleb_Kelly
Level 2

Any luck mapping Work Email to Marketo? 

staylor3
Level 1

Yes, you have to create a form with work email field added inside LinkedIn ad manager.  Once the form is created go back to Marketo and add the mapping.  It won't show up until it is active on a form in LinkedIn.