SOLVED

Re: LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms -- Available Fields?

Go to solution
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms -- Available Fields?

I'm trying to determine what fields are available to collect using the LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms update with the Spring release.

The documentation from Marketo is here: Set Up LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Looking at the preview, I see that by default it collects:

• City
  • Company Name
  • Company Size
  • Country
  • Email
  • First Name

Additionally, there is a statement that says, "To accept default LinkedIn to Marketo field mappings, simply click Create," which tells me there are non-default fields.  I don't have access to our Marketing LinkedIn account, but wanted to know if anyone knows what fields are available to collect using the tool.

I also did a little digging on the Linkedin Autofill, as I was thinking that perhaps the Marketo tool was leveraging that to pass data into Marketo, but the fields listed do not align with the fields listed as default with the Marketo Lead Gen Forms tool.

Does anyone have any additional info? 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hobie_Thompson1
Level 4

Here's a list of everything you can get through LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms. Keep in mind, LinkedIn limits you to 7 fields max in any given Lead Gen Form.

Contact

Work

Company

Education

Demographic

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Hobie_Thompson1
Level 4

Here's a list of everything you can get through LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms. Keep in mind, LinkedIn limits you to 7 fields max in any given Lead Gen Form.

Contact

Work

Company

Education

Demographic

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms -- Available Fields?

Thanks for the info! I see that the options above are field options in LinkedIn, but it appears you are limited to the fields below when mapping to Marketo:

- Zip Code

- City

- Company Name

- Company Size

- State

- Country

- Email

- First Name

- Last Name

- Job Title

- Industry

- Phone Number

The issue with this is LinkedIn will usually pull in a personal email instead of a work email address. Has anyone successfully mapped the "Work email" field form a LinkedIn Lead Gen form to Marketo?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks for surfacing this, Trevor.  What you mention here could be a deal-breaker for us (and why we're continually challenged to integrate social engagement into our Marketo database).  LinkedIn is one of those social networks that typically always includes a work email address as well - and why the LI Lead Gen Form integration appeared so desireable.  If they're not syncing over work emails, then that's an issue.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Dan,

After speaking with Maketo, it sounds like there isn't a plan to add this functionality to the LinkedIn Lead Gen form connector. I submitted a product idea here:

Hopefully they will add this functionality as it is crucial for B2B organizations!

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks Trevor.  Voted.  Surprised how such critical data point was overlooked when the integration was rolled out.  Who knows - maybe this is a LI limitation and not Marketo's.

Dan_Stevens_

While this is a helpful post by Hobie, I wouldn't mark it as the correct answer.  Based on Trevor's research, you're only limited to sync to 12 fields (none of them include business email) - and only select 7 of them as you setup the connector.

Hobie_Thompson1
Level 4

I'd agree. I'm also quite shocked that Marketo didn't build in this functionality. The odd thing is, the support page doesn't say you cant add non-default mappings. Set Up LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

All it says is that you cant map two fields to one.  I'm a bit frustrated, because it does seem that Marketo missed the mark on this one.

Alexandre_Paul3
Level 1

Facing this problem too for client in the B2B side, there's another problem, that even mapping the business email won't solve.

Let's imagine:

1) In Marketo, you finally update the email address field with the new business email value. Because you want your communications to the business email right.

2) You are then not matching the audience using Ad Bridge since in Linkedin, your audience will still have its personnal email address (we all log with a personal email address for Linkedin, since it has to follow us through our career).

So solving a problem, creates another one !