Limitations on constraints/choices Change Data Value filter

Monica_Koran
Level 3

Limitations on constraints/choices Change Data Value filter

Hello-

New to Marketo and working on building out some of our larger campaigns.  We would like to append a sales picture for all 211 sales reps through a smart campaign as new inquires come in.  Wondering if as we add all 211 choices to a change data value option in the flow if I would reach any limitations.  For example:  If Sales Rep is "This" then attribute Picture as new value as "This".  Is there a limit on how many choices you can have?

Thanks

Monica

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Limitations on constraints/choices Change Data Value filter

Hi Monica:

I do not believe there is any limit to the number of choices, but I have never done that many before.

What I would recommend is uploading the url of the picture to all 211 sales reps in the database as a field value and then referencing the field value as a token in the email.  This will be much easier way to do it.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It would be better to do the URL upload as a List, not a Change Data Value. where the columns are Email Address | Picture URL

But you would need to export a list of all Leads' email addresses and sort by Rep somehow.

Each new Choice step slows down the UI and there is a hit to the processing speed. I have never recommended more than 7 Choice Steps, although I believe the real limit is closer to 50...assuming you are willing to tolerate the problems associated with it.

You may also be able to update the CRM's Sales User information with a picture or URL Picture assuming you can get Marketo to view that too.

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Josh,

Does that mean that you recommend creating 7 Smart Cmapaigns with 1 Choice Step over 1 Smart Campaign with 7 Choice Steps (provided they're heavily used)?