SOLVED

Re: Leads syncing to Salesforce without email data

Go to solution
carminemarano
Level 2

Leads syncing to Salesforce without email data

We are running a LinkedIn ad campaign that was using a LinkedIn autofill email on the LI form. In an effort to try to collect business emails, we duplicated the Marketo campaign, and created a new campaign on LI that uses a new form with a 'work email' field that must be filled out manually. 

In this new campaign, our leads are being passed to Salesforce without email information (this never happened with the old program). At first I thought it must have something to do with mapping our LI form fields to our Marketo instance, but the emails are all captured inside Marketo and tagged as 'email', but still not making it to Salesforce. I'm a bit stumped on what could be causing the hiccup as it isn't something I have encountered before. 

Thanks in advance- happy to provide any other details that could be useful in identifying the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaMeyers
Level 4 - Champion

Linkedin field mappings are global, setup within the launchpoint integration. They are the 4th and last thing you setup (and it can take some time for the window where you edit the mappings to contain data when you are setting up the integration) if your clicking fast - you may click past it, and if you add new fields you need to set this up for each new field.

We also have a "work email address" field on our Linkedin form & this is what my setup looks like. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 1.56.24 PM.png

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If it’s writing to the Marketo Email Address field, from the sync standpoint it doesn‘t matter how it was presented on a form.

Are you certain it’s not creating a duplicate lead with no Email Address, but with a Work Email Address (if you have such a field in Marketo)?

carminemarano
Level 2

So Marketo is capturing the email address as "email address" , but it isn't making it to SF. Only one lead is being created, and it is without that email address that can be found in Marketo. 

SanfordWhiteman

Can you show the Activity Log sequence where the person is created and then synced to SFDC?
carminemarano
Level 2

carminemarano_0-1640179880450.png

carminemarano_1-1640180013486.png

SanfordWhiteman

That Activity ID doesn’t seem to appear in your Activity Log screenshot.

carminemarano
Level 2

Didn't mean to send it for a different lead, but that was the SF sync activity from the previous record. It was just further down page and like all the others is missing 'email' which is why I included the image. 

SanfordWhiteman

Can you show the Email Address in the Lead UI (Info tab)?
carminemarano
Level 2

Sorry, but I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for here. Happy to provide if you can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for all the help.

SanfordWhiteman

Open the lead in Marketo and take a screenshot of the Info tab, including the Email Address field.