SOLVED

Lead Updated meaning

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Updated meaning

Hi there, 

I'm just looking to gain a little clarity on something I havent quite gotten my head around. I have been trying to segment our database a bit and at the same time have been setting up some webinars over the past few weeks. While segmenting the database I made the assumption that Updated meant the last time the lead had done something on the website or updated their information.

However I am now assuming I am wrong as while looking through a list of registrants for next weeks webinar I noticed that while leads had filled out the form within the last 48 hours, it said they had not been updated for a number of months. 

So can anyone tell me exactly what it means when a lead is updated? Is it simply that their information has not been updated and not that it has anything to do with lead behaviour?

Thanks in advance 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead Updated meaning

Someone might be able to comment more in-depth on this, but form what I can tell, it seems to mean when a field value is updated. So if they filled out the registration form and didn't submit any new info, the lead would not be updated for that event.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone might be able to comment more in-depth on this, but form what I can tell, it seems to mean when a field value is updated. So if they filled out the registration form and didn't submit any new info, the lead would not be updated for that event.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated At is a system timestamp for the latest activity that has ocurred on a lead record. I would use the visited webpage filter for latest website activity. 

Edward_Masson
Level 10

Its Marketo's version of a SFDC system mod (modification) stamp.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to you all,

having looked at a few leads it doesseem to be the last time something regarding the lead was updated.