SOLVED

Unsubscribe message in email is showing in the wrong place

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribe message in email is showing in the wrong place

Hi

I have an issue with an email that we're working on. It's a fairly long email newsletter and the initial draft was ok but when we added more content and the table in which the information was residing got longer, instead of appearing under the last row of the table, the unsubscribe text is now sitting side by side with one of the lower rows of the table.

I can't seem to find a a way to fix this. Does anyone have any idea on how this can be fixed?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Unsubscribe message in email is showing in the wrong place

You can remove it completely from the admin section and use the direct URL link to the Unsubscribe LP and hard code it into your HTML table.

You can go as far as to create an editible footer section for all your emails with all company info and copyright year etc. and create Snippets so you dont have to code again.

Check out this article:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GuxxCAC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Edward_Masson
Level 10

sound like your content have pushed the table out of alignment.
Check to see if your table has fixed width.

Can you share a screenshot?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Edward,

Sure, here's a screenshot of the test mail viewed in outlook, scrolled right to the end of the email.
http://gyazo.com/f13c300cff6c8318eff481071980eb5b

And yes the table has a fixed width of 500px. Removed the width setting but it wasn't making a difference though.

I am trying to get the email to print within 1 sheet of A4 paper as well though
Edward_Masson
Level 10

is that the Marketo Unsubscribe they add at the bottom of the email or your own custom HTML?
Not sure, but is that link wrapped in a DIV tag? e.g.
<DIV>blah blah</DIV>
Edward_Masson
Level 10

oh and printing emails will never look or align right when printing unless your a wizz wth CSS for print.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the one inserted by Marketo so I don't think I have control over whether it's in a div tag or not...or is there some way to do that?
Edward_Masson
Level 10

You can remove it completely from the admin section and use the direct URL link to the Unsubscribe LP and hard code it into your HTML table.

You can go as far as to create an editible footer section for all your emails with all company info and copyright year etc. and create Snippets so you dont have to code again.

Check out this article:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GuxxCAC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Edward, I'll look at that option.