Re: Last Interesting Moment captured as - last Touch in a field is this possible ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Interesting Moment captured as - last Touch in a field is this possible ?

Hi

Is there a way to dynamically update and populate a field similar to last interesting moment writign to a field in Lead/Contact record  as last touch ?

Is there away to do this via token or  primitive method of including a flow stem in every campaign to say : Last Touch = campaign name.

Please advice how else to update this field

Thanks
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Last Interesting Moment captured as - last Touch in a field is this possible ?

You could do something manually inside of those campaigns, but that's probably a lot of really unneeded processing. I'm curious, what are you trying to acomplish with this? There might be another way.
Ari_Echt1
Level 5

We are working on setting up something similar. Eric, would love to hear any suggestions. 

Thank you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are doing this to capture Last Marketing Touch campaign information for our marketing attributes.

Also Last interesting moment has it's limitation unless we publish the email that it captures otherwise for tradeshow events and etc it is not captured.

To have better clarity on our marketing spend we have specifically created a last ouch field in SFDC to capture last touch for exiting leads and contacts within campaign flow.

Looking at any other way of simplifying this process

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

If each marketing campaign you want to track is it's own program, you could define a token at the program level then build a flow step in to populate the SFDC field with this token when a lead becomes a program member or achieves a certain status. 

If you integrate this as part of your campaigns that assign program statuses, then it would be quite simple to maintain. Only extra step would be updating the token name when you clone your programs. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Justin's approach is definitely how I'd do it. 

I worry a bit that there might be lots of campaigns touching leads, so I'd be selective about which ones you want to really count for this so you don't get a bunch of churn on that value that doesn't accomplish much.
Sara_Greaves
Level 5

Something else you can do is use form conversions to look at the last touch (if you don't want to capture every campaign that touches the leads). If you go this route, you can use a tracking parameter so that a form fill will populate your "last touch" field.