SOLVED

Re: Language Segmentation

Go to solution
varunsharma
Level 1

Language Segmentation

Hi Marketo Champions,

I have been asked to add another language in Language Segmentation. Presently, It already has 20+ segments. I know, how to create this new language  segment in segmentation. However, I am not sure about the impact of it on the already existing assets (Email, Landing pages or other etc) and don't know how to evaluate the impact before creation.

Any ideas or advice or best practices are really appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Agreed with @Michael_Florin! I don't think there are any major caveats for adding a new segment to the segmentation apart from the of course the need for you to add dynamic content for that segment to your existing assets (LP/Email/etc.) However, if you remove an existing segment from the segmentation, then you'd lose dynamic content added to the assets for that particular segment post the segmentation approval (and of course, this can't be undone once the segment is approved).

Also, until segmentation approval completes, active landing pages and emails might not use the updated segment rules. So as a best practice, it would make sense to initiate the segment approval process during quiet hours if possible so it doesn't impact if it takes long for the segment approval process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I don't believe this has any impact. The new language segment will display the default variant, as it's not otherwise assigned.

If you want to bring this life though, you have to go into every asset and assign new content to your new segment.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Agreed with @Michael_Florin! I don't think there are any major caveats for adding a new segment to the segmentation apart from the of course the need for you to add dynamic content for that segment to your existing assets (LP/Email/etc.) However, if you remove an existing segment from the segmentation, then you'd lose dynamic content added to the assets for that particular segment post the segmentation approval (and of course, this can't be undone once the segment is approved).

Also, until segmentation approval completes, active landing pages and emails might not use the updated segment rules. So as a best practice, it would make sense to initiate the segment approval process during quiet hours if possible so it doesn't impact if it takes long for the segment approval process.