SOLVED

Report of 12 specific campaigns and output at individual level of activity?

Go to solution
lindas
Level 2

Report of 12 specific campaigns and output at individual level of activity?

The analytics dept of my organization is looking for a data dump on a monthly campaign for 2022 (12 different smart campaigns), all the people that received it each month, whether they opened, clicked that month, and date of that activity. They will then take this data and compare it to conversions (housed in another system at the moment).

This is a monthly lead campaign so an individual could get the campaign multiple times.

I've been searching Marketo reports and this community for a bit and not seeing how this can be accomplished.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Report of 12 specific campaigns and output at individual level of activity?

As Sandy says, you'd need to set up an API-only user and create a custom service for generating the access token which is required for authenticating while making API calls (including bulk lead activity extract API). Check out this developer doc that discusses the API role, user, and custom service setup process.

Also, API lets you access Marketo programmatically (and not via GUI) for performing actions, querying data, etc., i.e., unlike email performance report, you wouldn't be able to see the data in the GUI and would rather have to use the response of API to generate insights/visualize data (default response format is CSV).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1

You could use the bulk lead activity export or email analysis report available in the RCE module (if you have it in your subscription) for getting the email activities from Marketo! As per Marketo's data retention policy, email send and delivered activities are purged from the lead activity log after 90 days, and the email performance report excludes the same email-person-campaign trio activities from the report.

lindas
Level 2

It doesn't look like I have access to the bulk activity report or the add-ones mentioned. Is there any other way to accomplish this? Looking for a contact history report for specific campaigns and at an individual level.

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@lindas wrote:

It doesn't look like I have access to the bulk activity report or the add-ones mentioned. Is there any other way to accomplish this? Looking for a contact history report for specific campaigns and at an individual level.

Thank you!

Every subscription has access to the Bulk Extract API. Naturally you need to set up an API-only user, custom LaunchPoint service, etc.

Darshil_Shah1

As Sandy says, you'd need to set up an API-only user and create a custom service for generating the access token which is required for authenticating while making API calls (including bulk lead activity extract API). Check out this developer doc that discusses the API role, user, and custom service setup process.

Also, API lets you access Marketo programmatically (and not via GUI) for performing actions, querying data, etc., i.e., unlike email performance report, you wouldn't be able to see the data in the GUI and would rather have to use the response of API to generate insights/visualize data (default response format is CSV).

lindas
Level 2

Wonderful! Thank you and Report of 12 specific campaigns and output at individual level of activity?  both!

We are new to Marketo (last year) so appreciate all the info you all have provided! Checking with our support person now on this API. Thanks again!

Darshil_Shah1

You're very welcome, @lindas! Glad we could be of help.

Feel free to open a new thread if you have any questions later. 🙂