Landing Page visits

Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing Page visits

If someone visits my landing page but they get there through the direct URL, not through the email that leads them there, is there a way to track visits to the page? 

I am able to track visits to the page through the button click within the email, but need to account for the remainder that will visit the landing page directly.

Lindsay
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Landing Page visits

Assuming you're talking about Marketo-hosted landing pages, those page views should already be registering, albeit as anonymous visitors (for that is what they are).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Lindsay,

Does the page that hosts the direct URL have munchkin code on it? If so, you will be able to track. If not, you will lose visibility. There is some flexibility with cookies if the page doesn't have munchkin, but you will need a form to capture the data.

Jeff
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Are you trying to track if they came from the URL vs. email? If there is a form on the landing page, you can have hidden fields to attribute their lead source. Otherwise, Jeff is correct. Muchkin code on the landing page will ensure you have insight. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I ensure munchkin code is on the page? Also, what is the method to monitor this once I do have the code on the page (set up a trigger with certain criteria)?
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Yeah set up a trigger campaign with the link, and to find muchkin search the code in the background of your page. Normally searching 'muchkin' will ensure it's there. If it's a Marketo landing page, it already has muchkin.