SOLVED

Re: Landing Page Test Group Distribution

Go to solution
Tyson_Jurgens
Level 4

Landing Page Test Group Distribution

After seeing some lackluster performance with a landing page used in a PPC campaign, we decided to A/B test a slimmed-down form and create an A/B Landing Page Test Group.

Page 1 had about 1,000 views when I cloned it and created Page 2. Now that the two pages are added to the test group and approved, I'm looking forward to future visitors being routed equally so we can best move forward.

My question: Will my A/B test group route visitors equally from launch (today), or will Page 2 be preferred in order to match Page 1's pageviews before true equal distribution happens?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again,

No you are right, it's an even distribution.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tyson,

AFAIK, the count begins today and the past 1000 views on Page 1 will not be accounted for.

The % of split between 1 and 2 from now on depends on the settings of you A/B test, so it will be 50%/50% only if you set it up that way. You could have set it up to favor the page 2.

-Greg

Tyson_Jurgens
Level 4

This is very helpful Greg, thank you.

Probing a little further: I'm not seeing anywhere in the UI of the Landing Page Test Group object to alter the setting of splitting pageviews by %, at least not in the way I'm used to doing this in emails. Any insight there?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again,

No you are right, it's an even distribution.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Vote here: ​and here:

-Greg

Tyson_Jurgens
Level 4

FYI: landing page distribution was indeed equal from the time the test group was created. So, Landing Page 1 will always have ~1,000 more pageviews than Landing Page 2, but since the creation of the test group they have both receive the same number of page views.

2016-08-09_1023.png