SOLVED

Re: Landing Page-Form not showing rich text

Go to solution
hermana
Level 2

Landing Page-Form not showing rich text

Hello. 

I have created an interest form using "Rich Text" to allow users to write in a response. I selected "always show" under the visibility rules, but it automatically keeps reverting back to "show".  How do I prevent this or another rule I need to use. 

On my landing page, the box to write in an answer does not appear. How can I get this box to appear under the question in yellow?

Thank you.

Form:

hermana_0-1638895011831.png

hermana_2-1638895115462.png

Landing Page:

hermana_1-1638895048161.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thank you! I am not seeing the option you are referring to you. I see "TEXT" under Marketo fields...

Yes, Text = Textarea = Longtext.

... but I don't want to map back to our database.

I can’t imagine what you mean. If someone is entering data, it has to be stored in your database. What use would it be otherwise?

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

If you created that field in another tab, make sure to refresh the entire Design Studio (or Marketing Activities, depending on where your form lives) tab and then open Form Editor again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Seems you misunderstand what “Rich Text“ means on a form. It’s just formatted paragraph text, not an input field.

If you want an empty, multi-line area where someone can enter text, then use a Textarea field (and of course create the corresponding Textarea field in your db).
hermana
Level 2

Thank you! I am not seeing the option you are referring to you. I see "TEXT" under Marketo fields, but I don't want to map back to our database. Is "fieldset" the option to use?

SanfordWhiteman

Thank you! I am not seeing the option you are referring to you. I see "TEXT" under Marketo fields...

Yes, Text = Textarea = Longtext.

... but I don't want to map back to our database.

I can’t imagine what you mean. If someone is entering data, it has to be stored in your database. What use would it be otherwise?

hermana
Level 2

We created a new field in the Admin Section to set up the way you are suggesting.

Its appears in the admin drop down but not the actual interest form. What can I do to change that?

Thank you!

hermana_0-1638906343208.png

hermana_1-1638906358316.png

SanfordWhiteman

If you created that field in another tab, make sure to refresh the entire Design Studio (or Marketing Activities, depending on where your form lives) tab and then open Form Editor again.
hermana
Level 2

Great, thank you! Its was taking a while to appear. All set, thank you!