Edits made to "Account Owner" on SF not linking to Marketo

jvancalcar
Level 1

Edits made to "Account Owner" on SF not linking to Marketo

Hi all-- we're working with a dynamic campaign which pulls data from Salesforce including the "Account Contact Owner" field. For some reason, when we change that field on Salesforce, it doesn't pull into Marketo, therefore emails are being sent from the wrong account owners. We also are unable to edit (or even see) that field from within each profile on Marketo (see image below). Any suggestions for solving this? Thank you in advance!! 

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Edits made to "Account Owner" on SF not linking to Marketo

Two things I would look for:

1.  Is the person synched to a Salesforce contact with an associated account?  I assume that the answer is "yes" but do want to confirm.  This data will not appear for persons who are leads in SFDC.

2.  If this person is a contact, then I would contact your Salesforce admin and review whether they have provided Marketo with the field-level permissions necessary to see the Account Owner field value.  This is most likely what's causing your issue.  The Salesforce admin can manage which fields and objects that Marketo can see through granting permissions to the Marketo Sync User. 

Delwin_Ng
Level 2

Re: Edits made to "Account Owner" on SF not linking to Marketo

The Company data, such as Account Owner, is synced over to Marketo when the Contact is updated. If the account owner is updated, but the contact isn't updated, then the account owner isn't updated on the person in Marketo. Try running a real time sync lead to SFDC flow step before sending the alert and that may solve the problem.