Re: Landing Page Dynamic Content Not Working

Dan_Gentsch
Level 2

Landing Page Dynamic Content Not Working

Hi,

I'm setting up some guided landing pages with dynamic content and I'm having trouble getting it to work correctly. I've gone through the normal steps to set up dynamic content for various landing page elements for the segmentation I want. When I preview the pages based on my segmentation the dynamic content displays correctly.

However, I have done multiple "live" test sends to a test account and the segmentation did not work on the landing pages. I was sending to a test lead in the segment I wanted to test. The dynamic content for the emails functions correctly but it appears that the landing pages are picking up the "default" segmentation.

In a marketo doc it warns of this:

pastedImage_0.png

If I did make this error, how would I fix it? What is the "default landing page" that I would have to create before modifying content for various segments?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

screenshots?

Page URL?

Justin_Laberge1
Level 4

I had a moment to play around and I think I figured out why you're having trouble.

When you drag content into the "Dynamic" section, it will be added as the default content. I tried to edit the text for segments but it wouldn't display correctly when I approved the landing page.

Basically, you have to go into each section, edit the text, and save. It's easier to drag the content into "Default" and work back onto all your segments. When you were editing your segments, did you see the little green check box for each section beside your dynamic content when you were creating it?

pastedImage_1.png

1 - Text is static

2 - Text is dynamic but displays DEFAULT only

3 - You've selected a segment but the text is not dynamic for it

4 - You've now edited the text and saved it, resulting in a nice green checkbox.

Maybe I'm missing something though! Also if you're trying to make something come in for just one segment, you'll need to set the default as blank and go select that segment and add the content in.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Or else it's that the links are aren't being tracked correctly, thus the person always falls into the Default segment because they're anonymous.

(The fact that it works in preview suggests the segmented content is working.)

Dan_Gentsch
Level 2

What would cause the links to not be tracked correctly?

SanfordWhiteman

Using a token as the entire URL (including protocol), for one.

When you click an email link, does the resulting URL in your browser have mkt_tok in the query string?

Dan_Gentsch
Level 2

The URLs have the marketo token. See link below.

http://learn.comfortkeepers.com/schedule.html?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWmpBMk5qSm1PR016TTJVeiIsInQiOiIyWjVRVW...

I'm also going through and entering in the correct default content that I want across all segments and I'm having issues with that as well.

I've gone to edit the phone number, in this case, and it will not accept the information that I input.

1. Here is the information that I input in the rich text editor and then clicked save.

pastedImage_2.png

2. Here is what Marketo is showing that I input after saving.

pastedImage_0.png

3. And here is the phone number showing up on the landing page.

pastedImage_3.png

Why would Marketo not accept information that I input into the rich text editor?

Thanks for all your help.

SanfordWhiteman

Can you try this all with a completely new template to guarantee you don't have a corrupted template?

Marcelo_Zacaria
Level 1

that sounds a lot like my issue here. dynamic content working fine on email body, but failing to load when the email is previewed on browser.

SanfordWhiteman

This is about Landing Pages, not View as Web Page, if that's what you mean.

In any case, you should open a new thread and describe your situation in detail.