Re: Korean first name shown in Marketo not seen in Salesfoce integration of leads, how is the information lost?

Jenn2nunez
Level 2

Korean first name shown in Marketo not seen in Salesfoce integration of leads, how is the information lost?

Hello!

I uploaded an excel.csv with a list of 29 people who attended with Korean names (Example:First name: 손봉교 ) When I pushed the list of leads onto salesforce I have the full 29 people with first name row blank (Last name: [NO NAME]). 

I am not sure if it's because Marketo says "Full name" on the people view tab instead of "First name". Or maybe it has something to do with the smart campaign?

I expected the Last name: [NO NAME], but I need the first name to be shown 

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Korean first name shown in Marketo not seen in Salesfoce integration of leads, how is the information lost?

Add the First and Last columns to the Marketo view and check the output. That’s where to start.  You shouldn’t be losing both First and Last.

Jenn2nunez
Level 2

Hello yes, I populated the list and it has the first names correctly and the last names are not shown (as they should) I added a "name" row where I can see the data

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

To Sandy's point - you can refer this article to create/edit the views in Marketo, you should search and add the "First" and "Last" for adding the First Name and Last Name colums respectively to the view. You'd want to ensure the First Name was populated correctly for the people you imported in Marketo first.

Jenn2nunez
Level 2

oh, so since I had it Full name, instead of First and Last this issue was cased? I  separated the first/last and the names are correct. How can I fix this in salesforce, could I have to create a new smart campaign?     

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you made the changes in Marketo and the people are already synced to SFDC, they changes will flow to Salesforce automatically. You do not need to call a Smart Campaign.

Jenn2nunez
Level 2

Interesting, ok. Nothing so far I created a ticket for RevOps to see if there is an issue with salesforce