Re: Known visitor on marketo forms

Travis_Schwartz
Level 4

Known visitor on marketo forms

I have a form that operates as an interstitial before a member fills out an application. This form allows me to deliver someone to the product they would be interested in applying for. This is all fine and dandy, except the user must return to the same form to check their application status... not the end of the world, but want to streamline it... the thought was using the custom HTML for known visitors. I know this isn't perfect as just because you are known, doesn't mean you've already applied for the product.

My challenge is that when I set up the HTML it gives the options for the button and for the text "not me" to reset. I was playing with it to where I could say "apply" and that would use the "not me" link and the button would allow for the status check... the problem is it feels backward... I would rather the button be "apply" but I can't figure out how to get the button to reload the form like the "not me" text link does. I'm guessing there is some java and coding to fix this... it's just outside of my know-how. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You don’t necessarily need to worry about the JS.

The Not You? link is <a class="mktoNotYou">, while the button is <button class="mktoButton">. You can use CSS to destyle the button to just text and (mostly) style the link as a button by wrapping it in an actual button.

Here’s a quick example of that kind of swap:

SanfordWhiteman_0-1666421897545.png

Travis_Schwartz
Level 4

Thanks,

I'll take a stab at it. Will changing the CSS for the button class mess anything up in the actual form button since it's referencing the same CSS?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'll take a stab at it. Will changing the CSS for the button class mess anything up in the actual form button since it's referencing the same CSS?

Not if you put your KV HTML inside a <div> with a known class and then target that.

Travis_Schwartz
Level 4

@SanfordWhiteman, I'm running into a bit of a wall. Do you find sharing the CSS code you used for your example?