SOLVED

How to Integrate Calendly with Marketo?

Go to solution
Anniem
Level 1

How to Integrate Calendly with Marketo?

I am trying to find the process for Calendly and Marketo Integration. Does anyone have idea about this??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to Integrate Calendly with Marketo?

Like Katja says, there's no branded integration. But that's not a bad thing at all: Calendly offers a suitably robust generic API with which you can build most anything you want.

Here's a screenshot of one of our Calendly integrations. We create a Custom Object (not Activity, I do not recommend CAs for this) called Booking. It even records people's rescheduled meetings. And we also update the Program Status to Booked Appointment in the relevant program, if there is one.

2020-11-16 12_38_14-Test T. Tester.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

As far as I am aware there is no direct integration between the two. So you would need a middleware tool to connect the two and set up custom activities through the middleware.

SanfordWhiteman

Like Katja says, there's no branded integration. But that's not a bad thing at all: Calendly offers a suitably robust generic API with which you can build most anything you want.

Here's a screenshot of one of our Calendly integrations. We create a Custom Object (not Activity, I do not recommend CAs for this) called Booking. It even records people's rescheduled meetings. And we also update the Program Status to Booked Appointment in the relevant program, if there is one.

2020-11-16 12_38_14-Test T. Tester.png

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Good point on the Custom Object vs Activity. Of course the record needs to be updateable.

TraceyBartz
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman I see that you are recording the Marketo Program ID on the custom object. How are you capturing that within Calendly in order to pass it to Marketo? UTMs? I'm trying to show that XYZ Program generated ## meetings booked.

SanfordWhiteman

as the salesforce_uuid param.

Debits26
Level 2

I am not a developer, but can easily follow detailed instructions to do this. How do I learn how to use Custom Objects and then do this integration with Calendly? 

Emilia_Chionce3
Level 1

Hi @SanfordWhiteman , 

Thank you for sharing the above.

Other than the custom object, can you please share what else do we need to set in Marketo in order to make this setup happen e.g. Api user, webhook etc. 

Thank you, 

Emilia

SanfordWhiteman

Well, it’s not just in Marketo. There’s a light integration function (running on AWS API Gateway/Lambda) between the 2. Calendly sends to the gateway, which uses the Marketo REST API in turn to upsert objects.

Bianca_Valorem
Level 1

I would love to attempt this but was hoping you could provide insight as to whether this custom object set up leverages webhook calls, or is it strictly an Object <->API relationship with integrations built through API tokens in both platforms?