SOLVED

Re: Keep UTMs after form submit (external URL, embedded form)

Go to solution
RaulEr
Level 4

Keep UTMs after form submit (external URL, embedded form)

Hello community!

I have a form embedded in our website. It redirects to an external TY page, but I want to keep the UTMs that it had when the form and LP loaded.

I'm storing the UTMs in hidden fields, however, I don’t know if I can use fields or tokens that are calling these fields or if there is an easier way to keep this?

Thanks!

- Raul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

RaulEr
Level 4

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I don’t have direct access to the HTML or the LP at all. Is there a way to do it out-of-the-box?

I'm storing the UTMs from the form in Marketo. Could I create a token for each UTM and use it on the redirect part of the form settings?

RaulEr_0-1654181708999.png

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

AFAIK - OOTB, only text {{my.tokens}} are supported in follow-up page URLs and will only work within the Marketo landing pages.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1654188154662.png

SanfordWhiteman

I'm storing the UTMs from the form in Marketo. Could I create a token for each UTM and use it on the redirect part of the form settings?

RaulEr_0-1654181708999.png

No, for 2 reasons:

1. Like Darshil says, only {{my.tokens}} are supported there.

2. Even if {{lead.tokens}} were supported, lead fields are not guaranteed to be changed on the server at the time the Thank You page is loaded. The update may not complete until a few seconds later. Thus you must use the values from the form itself.