SOLVED

Issue with rich text form element on landing page

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with rich text form element on landing page

Hi, has anyone else come across this issue when adding a Marketo form to a landing page... 

The issue is - when viewing the approved landing page in browser, I see the following code/text at the top of the page "YPE html>" which pushes down the rest of my page design.

The issue only happens when I include the rich text element (just above the button) within the form.

Here is the link to view my landing page:

http://pages.nlc.com.au/Test-for-new-marketo-forms_Test2.html

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Issue with rich text form element on landing page

Ok I worked out the solution. When editing the landing page, there was a setting I needed to change - under "Landing Page Actions" and then "Edit Form Settings", I needed to uncheck "Form Prefill". And that has fixed the showing on the page when viewed in the browser.

Thank you both again for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Haven't seen this before.  Try adding <!DOCTYPE html> as the first line of code on your landing page template to see if that will help alleviate Marketo trying to append it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I think that was the issue, was that there was no <!DOCTYPE html> at the top of the code for some reason. It is there in the template file I apply to the landing page, but then it disappears from the landing page code for some reason. So I think this is one step closer to the solution. Thank you

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What browser are you seeing this broken output in? I don't see it in Chrome 51.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am testing the page in Chrome version 53 I think, as well as Firefox 48 and IE 11, and I see the same broken code in all of those browsers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I worked out the solution. When editing the landing page, there was a setting I needed to change - under "Landing Page Actions" and then "Edit Form Settings", I needed to uncheck "Form Prefill". And that has fixed the showing on the page when viewed in the browser.

Thank you both again for your help.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK, but that means there was a form field value causing this problem.  Usually it's because there was improper escaping when the value was stored.  It's not about the form embed section, but about the rendering of a separate JS section (which contains the prefill fields) that in turn breaks the HTML. 

You shouldn't need to turn off Prefill, and I suspect that fact you were seeing but I wasn't is that I don't have an associated session on your site (thus nothing to fill).  The problem may only exist with your current lead, in fact.