Is there a report to show how many emails are sent to each person?

René_Kamine
Level 2

Is there a report to show how many emails are sent to each person?

Hi

Does anyone know of a way to see how many emails each person in Marketo is receiving?

I know I can look at a person's activity log but that would take a very long time to do that individually for every person. I'd like to see a report that shows every person within a filtered segment (or the entire database) & how many emails they receive in any given time period eg per week.

Is that possible?

Cheers

13 REPLIES 13
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Re: Is there a report to show how many emails are sent to each person?

The standard reporting options within Marketo are very simple and don't offer too much flexibility in terms of this. 

For clarity, are you looking for a total count (e.g. Email1: 3 emails; Email 2: 5 emails) or the names etc (Email 1: Newsletter, Webinar Registration, Webinar Reminder; Email 2 : Newsletter...)?

If you're looking for a total count, you could create a webhook that "counts" every time an email is sent and adds this value into a field within Marketo. This field could be wiped out each week, and values added to a Historical field so you can track previous weeks/months etc.

If you're wanting to identify the names of emails a lead has been sent, you could create a field within Marketo (e.g. Email Historical) that a Smart Campaign adds a value to every time an email is sent. That value could be the date and name of the email the lead has received. You could then create a Smart List of everybody who has had the "Email Historical" field updated in the past X days to see what has been run.

It's not simple, but these are the most straightforward options I could come up with.

René_Kamine
Level 2

Thanks Josh Pickles

This is most helpful! I'm liking your 2nd & 3rd options. Though just confirming, both options won't allow me to see historical data of past eDMs sent. Is that correct? It would only be for future emails sent once the process has been set up?

Cheers

Nadia_Milani
Level 2

You would need to create the logic/smart campaign, then you can see the results. So "moving forward". 

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

you could create a webhook that "counts" every time an email is sent

Just need a score field, no need for a webhook

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

This is exactly what we do -- Keep a count of weekly and monthly "emails sent" scores. 

ceciliagonzalez
Level 2

Hello,

I have the same question about creating a report showing how many emails are sent to each person/lead within a specific time period, say within the past 3 months. The goal is to find out the number of people receiving our emails within the past 3 months that have not had any type of engagement. Seeing that this question was posted and replied to back in 2019, I'm curious to know if there have been any updates. Thank you.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

If you don't have RCE, you'll need to create custom fields to track email names or counter fields to track number of emails sent - as suggested by Josh.

If you have RCE you can get such reports:

Count of Sent:

pastedImage_3.png

By email name:

pastedImage_2.png

René_Kamine
Level 2

Hi Jay Jiang

I've actually just sent my CSM an email about the Revenue Explorer license. MKTO support also mentioned the reports that it can produce may answer my question. I was hoping there could be another option that doesn't require an additional license. Seems there are with a bit of effort.

Does the reports Revenue Explorer produce allow you to select a time period, including dates in the past? I'm guessing it does but just to double check.

Cheers

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Yes you can set a time period in the filter area