Re: Is the Marketo connector ready for Microsoft Dynamics 2016 yet?

Chris_Thomas
Level 2

Is the Marketo connector ready for Microsoft Dynamics 2016 yet?

Hello,

We are planning to roll out an update for Dynamics 2016 soon and I couldn't find any documentation indicating that the Marketo connector could handle an on premise version after 2015.  Does anyone know if there are any issues with rolling out Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 yet?

Thanks!

Chris

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris,

I had an issue related to the Marketo Sync User come up with a Dynamics 2016 instance today and reached out to Marketo. I got some mixed signals where I was told by support that DCRM 2016 is not yet supported. I then asked a product management resource from Marketo to validate what I was told then assured me that DCRM 2016 is supported (when using the MLM 4.0.0.14 solution pack for Dynamics).

As I continue to complete this implementation of MKTO and DCRM 2016 I will let you know my findings!

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

My information is that 2016 is supported for Dynamics Online but not yet for On Premise. On Premise support will likely be out in the next release in May.

Chris_Thomas
Level 2

Thanks Paul!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning Chris Thomas​!

Not sure if you have completed your upgrade yet but I wanted to let you know that while @ Summit I met with Ajay Awatramani​ who owns the connector for Dynamics. The latest version you can download from Marketo is DCRM 2016 ready. Looking ahead to the next release of the connector in June Marketo will begin migrating existing customers running Dynamics and Marketo onto the new "Orion" platform of Marketo running a new connector. The new connector is much faster than the existing one and will be reverse compatible with older versions of Dynamics.

Other news for Dynamics/Marketo users is that we are setting up a virtual users group - stay tuned for an announcement from Liz Courter​ on that soon!

Cheers,

PW

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Dan Stevens​, this might be interesting to you

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this virtual user group been set up yet?

- Erica

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes. See Paul Wilson

-Greg

Jalana_Ballen
Level 1

Hello,

We're in the process of installing and configuring MSI in MS Dynamics 2016. Does anyone have experience with this?

-J.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. It works the same as previous versions and there are instructions on the docs site. If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to help.