Re: Is it possible to have a drop down list which allows multiple fields to be selected?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to have a drop down list which allows multiple fields to be selected?

Hi all,

we have a drop down list in Marketo for 'Industry' and 'Sector'. We have been using this fiels for a while now but we know want to have the possibility to select mutliple fields from the drop down menu (as we can do on Salesforce). Is that possible on Marketo? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks,
Alexia
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to have a drop down list which allows multiple fields to be selected?

Dropdown lists allow one selection only. That is standard HTML, as defined by W3C.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html

The type you are planning to implement is a multiple selection list.
Forms 2.0 adds the checkbox "Multiple Selections" when you set an input field to type Select.

0EM50000000Rxmi.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Breno,

thank you for your response. Would it be possible to have multiple selections in the lead database though? Our Sales team want us to indicate when a lead works for a company which falls under many sectors/subsectors.

Thanks,
Alexia
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can have multiple values in the lead database.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Breno,

can you please explain how to do that? on our lead database the sector field is a drp down and there's no way to select multiple fields. What changes do i need to make?

thanks,
Alexia
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using Forms 1.0:
- set the field type to Select
- click Apply Change to force a browser refresh
- check the box Allow Multiple Selection
- enter the value list, the first element beig Please Selct or another dummy value.

The end result of Forms 1.0 and 2.0 is the same: the values are sent to the lead database as Valie1; Value2
A smart list would have "Contains" instead of "Is".

Form fill out
Standard multi select: Cmd-Click (Mac) or Ctrl-Click (Windows)

0EM50000000Rxmn.jpg

Form results

0EM50000000Rxn2.jpg

Lead database

0EM50000000RxnH.jpg

In forms 1.0

0EM50000000RxnM.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Breno,

my question is about manually adding a new lead and then adding info in the lead database about the sectro. At the moment the 'sector' filed has a dropdown list and in order for me to select multiple values i will probably have to change the type of field in Admin. I can't do that though as Marketo says that this field is in use and i can't edit it. 

I think the option you posted wouldnt apply in my situation, is there anything I can do?

thanks,
Alexia
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sector is mapped to string type. It pulls the definitions from Salesforce, set to picklist. You may need to set to multipicklist or create a new SFDC custom field and the update the new one using Change Data Value, using a token to read the existing value.