Re: Is it possible to apply segments to forms?

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Is it possible to apply segments to forms?

Hello,

I need to stop the downloads from the US embargo countries.
I wanted to know if it was possible to have forms that are dynamically dislayed so that if lead are coming from inferred embargo countries or IP addresses, the form is NOT displayed. I have created a embargo countries segment but if I try to remove form from the embargo segment, form is also removed from the default segment.
I have also considered adding a dynamic rectangle in front of the form but even if I select opacity = 100% the form still shows up in foreground.

Can you help?

Cécile

9 REPLIES 9
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Bonjour Cécile,

You cannot create a segmentation on the IP address (or any whois info related to the IP address) on an anonymous lead, since segmentation are only for known leads. So the dynamic content will not help you here.

May be a nice business case for RTP

Or there might be some possibilities to develop some JS that blocks or even prevents the form from displaying based on whois information.

-Greg

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

For the forms I think I may have found a workaround. I have added visibility rules based on inferred country.
Are you saying that this only works if leads are known? Same for segments? I cannot have dynamic content for anonymous leads based on their inferred countries?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Only for RTP.

If this is a concern, then you should have a web dev use js or block at the server level.

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

ok we don't have RTP.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Cécile,

For segments, I am sure it works only for known leads. And with the change in how the anonymous leads will be handled, I am also sure that you will not be able to rely on the inferred country either.

So that leaves Javascrip or RTP.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are other options as well.  We use a combination of DemandBase and our Sitecore CMS.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A subscription to the seminal MaxMind service is easy to integrate with Marketo Forms.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

You might want to think about this:

Customize Content based on Visitor Country - Developer Guides - ipinfo.io

Robb Barrett
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

FTR, ipinfo.io uses the MaxMind Lite database -- not as accurate as the MaxMind (Pro) API.