SOLVED

Re: Is Excel a Must with Marketo?

Go to solution
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Is Excel a Must with Marketo?

I've always been an Excel user and have preferred it over Google Sheets in terms of usability. However, would a Google shop be able to use Marketo without Excel? When you hover over the Export button when looking at program members, it says "Export to Excel", so I'm assuming the answer is: Yes, in order to use all the Marketo functionality, you need Excel. Does anyone have experience working out of Sheets to prep lists for import? I see the Download to CSV option in Sheets, but it just seems clunky to me compared to Excel. Thanks for your opinions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'll be fine as long as there aren't more than 5MM cells. (I'm pretty sure this limit applies to imported Excel files now as well as Sheets built from scratch.)

The 5MM cell limit is more likely to impact you with an import, not program-level export, because you can have very wide rows. A bulk export could also be oversize.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Google Sheets' cell limits are embarrassingly inadequate for large datasets (which you may well have to stage for Marketo).

Don't worry about the format, though, that's not the problem area.

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

That's good to know. What would happen if I wanted to export program membership, but didn't have Excel access?

SanfordWhiteman

You'll be fine as long as there aren't more than 5MM cells. (I'm pretty sure this limit applies to imported Excel files now as well as Sheets built from scratch.)

The 5MM cell limit is more likely to impact you with an import, not program-level export, because you can have very wide rows. A bulk export could also be oversize.