SOLVED

Is EMEA time change picked up with marketo tokens?

Go to solution
Diana_Jakubaity
Level 4

Is EMEA time change picked up with marketo tokens?

Can you please advise if EMEA time change in March automatically get picked up on Marketo? Or should we be accounting for this and picking the time slot an hour earlier (for events after March) whilst creating tokens on campaigns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: Is EMEA time change picked up with marketo tokens?

Again, once you set the date time for the Calendar file, you don't have to worry about time zone changes or daylight savings changes. The calendar file takes the start and end datetimes and converts it to the correct UTC datetimes.

Whoever downloads and opens the calendar file reads the UTC datetime and adds their local timezone/daylight saving offset to the UTC datetime in the file - which has nothing to do with setting the initial calendar file

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

If you're referring to the calendar file {{my}} token, you don't have to worry about adjusting anything yourself. The calendar file will save with the correct time.

Diana_Jakubaity
Level 4

Actually I think I wasn't specific enough. Our Marketo is setup to PST and the time in united stated changing on March 10th. Time in EMEA is changing on March 31. When we setup our email tokens, usually we just adjust time manually to match appropriate EMEA time.

pastedImage_0.png

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Again, once you set the date time for the Calendar file, you don't have to worry about time zone changes or daylight savings changes. The calendar file takes the start and end datetimes and converts it to the correct UTC datetimes.

Whoever downloads and opens the calendar file reads the UTC datetime and adds their local timezone/daylight saving offset to the UTC datetime in the file - which has nothing to do with setting the initial calendar file

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When we setup our email tokens, usually we just adjust time manually to match appropriate EMEA time.

You don't need to do this, either (I assume you mean other {{my.tokens}}, not ICS {{my.tokens}} mainly under discussion here).

Store the datetime (entered as UTC or in your local timezone, doesn't matter as long as you know which one you're parsing) in a Velocity {{my.token}}. Then you can output that same datetime in the local timezone of each of your leads, as the email goes out. You can include the event's local timezone as well as the lead's timezone for easy comparison.