Re: Integration with Adobe Assets

Natascia_Almeid
Level 3

Integration with Adobe Assets

Hi,

does anyone have any experience with Integrating Marketo with Adobe Assets?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Rather than asking about a specific system, can you give us more ideas on the use case you are solving for?

Assets is simply a repository for hosting files. You could use this in a similar way to the Marketo Design Studio and simply store and share your content from Assets and use it as external files when building LPs and Emails. But I'd be interested to know what you specifically wish to do.

Natascia_Almeid
Level 3

Hi Veronica,

sure, we will use Adobe Assets as DAM and would like to integrate it with Marketo in order to use the images present there on our emails and landing pages. Having a look yesterday though it seemed that the images need to be copied in Marketo and we can´t simply reference to the images URL (in this case we would use Adobe as a sort of CDN).

The issue with copying the images into Marketo is that we would lose the functionalities of the DAM ( workflows, expiration date of copyright, and so on.) so I was wondering if anyone did this already and how it was done.

Thanks

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Natascia Almeida​ ,

After going through these articles - Robust digital asset management | Adobe Experience Manager Assets and Configuring AEM Assets integration with Marketing Cloud and Creative Cloud , If assets in DAM can be called and used by Adobe Marketing Cloud\Adobe Campaign, they technically they should be able to be called from Marketo by building the right API.

The last partner exclusive webinar I attended on Adobe|Marketo acquisition, we were told that the near future goal is to have Marketo as a part of the adobe Marketing cloud. So I am not sure if some developments are already on the way to integrate Marketo with DAM or if some one has already developed or tried using an API to connect DAM with Marketo. But it sure does sound like a possibility.

Subscribing to this thread as even I'd be interested to know details on the prospects of such an API

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Natascia_Almeid
Level 3

Hi all,

the answer I got from Marketo was this:

"Today, Marketo does not have access to Adobe’s assets on demand as part of the Adobe Marketing Cloud Asset Core Service. The best solution for using AEM managed assets in Marketo landing pages, emails and so on, is to copy and paste the URLs from AEM and reference these in Marketo directly.

It is possible to bulk upload assets from AEM through to Marketo, either manually or through an automated process, this would mean that the very purpose that you use AEM (for versioning, permissioning, etc) would not be in place."

I would say from the client´s point of view this is really not ideal and I am wondering if there is any better way.

Thanks

Badsah_Mukherji
Marketo Employee

Hi Natascia Almeida​. Thanks for starting this conversation. Marketo integration with AEM Assets is on the roadmap, but we (Product Management) would be interested to know how you envision using it, what types of assets are relevant to your business, and the features/advantages of AEM you would like to make sure are not lost. Use cases, flows, desired features, priorities. Any detail you can provide would be useful, either through updates to this discussion or a separate conversation with PM. The former would allow other customers to chime in with their own scenarios, requests, and ideas.

Badsah Mukherji (he/him) | Senior Group Product Manager, Adobe Marketo Engage and B2B Customer Journeys | ADOBE
Robert_Nichols1
Level 3

As both a marketo and AEM customer - it would be helpful if there was a thread on what customers of both would be interested in

Regarding DAM - this could be super useful -but one of our problems is from an SEO/leadgen perspective DAM is a bit "open" and Marketo its easier to gate stuff. If we could automatically gate content in the DAM and manage that content to design teams that would be awesome (ie DAM holds all our content, but design team can interface with it and update content easily & marketo users can select the latest greatest content.)

Fernando_Garci1
Level 3

Exactly. In working through my current workflow, I could imagine replacing the OOTB "Images and Files" section in Design Studio with a DAM. Right now, there exists no native way to track view/opens without either gating the content, or without creating undue work to create a truly traceable asset. Marketo offers SOME of this in its ContentAI product, by serving up "content" that is popular and is being interacted with, but falls really short where Adobe's DAM could easily report back which of our assets are most popular, most viewed, most read, etc. Then feeding off of both Robert Nicholson‌ and Natascia Almeida‌, my content creators (Writers, Designers, etc.) could then create, edit, upload content on the fly, and my approvers (managers, proofers, etc.) could notate, approve, deny, etc. Once all done, the links to the assets would update to serve the newest content. This provides scalable, actionable, permission-protected assets that are always up to date, and a centralized repository for an entire organization to be able to share assets from. Badsah Mukherji

Colby_Dix
Level 5

Hello Badash,

Has there been any movement on this in the past 2 years? I'm working with a client now with Adobe Asset Manager and recommending that they just use the URLs from AAM when authoring emails and landing pages, but what a pleasure it would be to see a more direct integration/interface when designing assets that could directly query and reference the DAM dynamically. 🙂

Any chance of that? Thanks for any and all insight.

ooooh shiny.