Re: Integration to Salesforce vs. Dynamics

Andrew_Holstei1
Level 2

Integration to Salesforce vs. Dynamics

Are most of the features available in the Marketo-Salesforce integration also available in the integration with Microsoft Dynamics? Including:

• Interesting moments
  • Prioritization of hot leads (the flames and stars)
  • Create activities from Marketo
  • Create tasks from Marketo
  • Add contact to Marketo campaign from Dynamics
  • Send Marketo email template from Dynamics

The latest info I saw said that you can't create tasks in Dynamics but that was also several years old so I'm not sure if that has changed since then.

All feedback is much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are quite a lot of differences between the two.

From your list:

- Interesting Moments are in both (feature of Marketo Sales Insight)

- Stars and flames - yes (feature of Marketo Sales Insight)

- Activities and Tasks mean the same thing - and yes this is available

- Send Marketo email - yes (again, feature of Marketo Sales Insight)

Biggest caveat from your list is campaigns - Marketo still has no support for MS Dynamics campaigns. It's apparently roadmapped.

There are some folks on here who have extensive experience with MS Dynamics sync limitations, but there's also a whole bunch of threads on it too so have a good search...

Hi Andrew,

Veronica explained things well, I'd just add one more thought.

We don't have such an advanced integration in place, so maybe there are some other things to consider as well, but Dynamics v9 CRM is causing one particular issue - when the lead is qualified in MSD it creates a duplicate in Marketo. There is a workaround to that, but it's not ideal: Microsoft Dynamics 2016 Online Upgrade to Version 9

In addition, we are also having some issues with calling Marketo campaigns from CRM (it doesn't work in some view dashboards as it throws JS error).

Best;m

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Oh yuck! I hadn't encountered that issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Here is the problem described in a bit more detail: Add to Marketo Campaign function in MSD throws an error