SOLVED

Inconsistency in marketo API : filter leads by emailId

Go to solution
nishank
Level 1

Inconsistency in marketo API : filter leads by emailId

Hi Marketo team,

We have clients to whom we push data via API. We publish Attendance Custom Activity on their account. They escalated that for some contacts Attendance Activity is not present . On debugging from our logs we found that API to search leadId from email i.e.

{restEndPoint}/rest/v1/leads.json?filterType=email&filterValues={customerEmailId} is giving inconsistence response.

The API which we hit at 2nd feb gave list of leadIds in response while for 3rd it didn't gave for same emailId.

However since it was already present on 2nd Feb, for 3rd feb 2023 it should be returning response.

Request Ids :-

2nd feb :- 178b1#1861371232e

3rd Feb :- 4a8e#1861362c1af

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Inconsistency in marketo API : filter leads by emailId

We wouldn’t be able to do anything with the Request IDs here on the community. I’ve never encountered any inconsistency like this. The first place I’d look is in the lead’s Activity Log to see if their Email Address field changed in the interim. It may even have changed back again since. That’s where to start: assume the REST API is returning correct results.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Could you find any other similar instance(s) of discrepancy? This clearly isn't an expected behavior given that the queried person was in the DB the moment the API queried them and the associated API user had access to the lead database (I don't think anyone would have updated the associated role and then would have reverted back). Do you see any error message for the call on 3rd Feb or just an empty response with success code (i.e., no error message)?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

We wouldn’t be able to do anything with the Request IDs here on the community. I’ve never encountered any inconsistency like this. The first place I’d look is in the lead’s Activity Log to see if their Email Address field changed in the interim. It may even have changed back again since. That’s where to start: assume the REST API is returning correct results.