SOLVED

Important: Marketo Outlook and Gmail Add-In Update?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Important: Marketo Outlook and Gmail Add-In Update?

Early this morning I received an email with the subject "Important: Marketo Outlook and Gmail Add-In Update".  Was this sent to every Sales Insight Email Add-in user or just to administrators?  If to all users, I would have preferred to have received a heads-up prior to this, so that I could alert my users.

Please respond ASAP, so I can get ahead of this with my team.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Important: Marketo Outlook and Gmail Add-In Update?

I'm using 2007, and via support, I had to revoke my license and re-issue a new license... after that it installed fine. I just ran into the same issue with someone else on our team and had to do the same steps for her. It seems that the revoke/re-issue remedy resolved the initial installation issue. (#alliteration)

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree Elliott.  I got the same email.  I want to verify that it is in fact a Marketo update as well because when another member of my team goes in to open the installer it says that the security cannot be verified.  

I agree that a heads up would have been really nice.  Some people simply throw those types of emails away because they figure that if its something that they need to know, I will be the one to tell them!

I hope someone from Marketo responds to this post ASAP!  I need to get ahead of this as well!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also what do we do if a user did not receive the update email?(Not sure if this is the case, but I would like to be prepared)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscribing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called support this morning.  Everyone who has a license for the add in should have received the email.  I told him of my concerns for not having advanced notice so we could let our team members know that an update like this was coming.  I also posed the question "what if someone who is using the add in did not receive the email" he said he is going to follow up with the correct people and let me know.  I would send an email to your team and let them know. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one of my reps install it just now, and everything worked fine. However, I would like a little more detail on the email previewer. Is there an option to disable? Also, none of my templates seem to be available to the reps after the new install.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very frustrated that (1) Only my end-users received ANY notification. They do not have permission to install their own software, and so I received a flurry of emails this morning asking about it. (2) Any admins who actually have the ability to do something about this received no notification at all. Some advance notice that this was coming would have been great. (3) I still can not find any information regarding this from Marketo. This discussion is the only reference to it that I could find.

Very poorly handled in my opinion.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keith, I am having the same issue.  Some people are having NO issue installing, others keep receiving error messages.  Not sure how I am supposed to proceed with these people who cannot install the new add in......

Frustrated.
hena_wells
Level 5

Hi Elliott,

The email last night was sent to all Add-in users with instructions to upgrade. An email will be sent tonight to all admin's.

There will another email next week to the folks who have not yet upgraded.

Thanks

Aj
hena_wells
Level 5

Erin - If for whatever reason any user did not get this email, you can resend the invite email from Admin--> Sales Insight --> Email Add In to that user. The install and the upgrage path is the same.