SOLVED

Important: Marketo Outlook and Gmail Add-In Update?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Important: Marketo Outlook and Gmail Add-In Update?

Can we be told when the next email will be sent to those people who have not installed the new update?  I want to make sure that everyone has the newest version.  Is there anyway for us to tell who has or has not installed the new update so we can follow up with them as well to make sure they are not having issues installing?  
hena_wells
Level 5

Hi Erin,

We plan to send out the reminder email in a week. July 10th or 11th

We will only send it to the folks who have not yet upgraded. I'll make that list available to support and you can call in and ask if there are any folks from your team on it.

Aj
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arjun, will the admin email that is sent out tonight be different than the one that was sent to users early this morning?  We also have users that are getting errors when they try to install the update.  Should they uninstall the current version and try again?  If so, please provide a link to information on removing the current version.
hena_wells
Level 5

Elliot,

Very similar, except it wont have the user specific info required for upgrading.

If you do have users having issues, please open a case with support and they will troubleshoot.

Aj
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elliot, I have a case open with support as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have the Outlook add-in (2013) and one of my sales guys didn't receive instructions... what instructions can I give to him?

Erin provided directed me to this thread (thanks Erin!!).

OK so if I go the route above (invite email from Admin--> Sales Insight --> Email Add In to that user), that just sends him a new invite right? So is this updated already? And will he need to uninstall first or should I revoke his license?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you resend the Email Add-In invitation, it will have the link to the latest versions.  You shouldn't have to revoke the license - that doesn't uninstall the Add-In.  And you shouldn't have to uninstall the Add-In either.  However, Erin and I both have a user who had problems during the installation.  Marketo tech support told me that they haven't been able to determine the cause.  Also, they haven't been able to get this working for my user yet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks Elliott!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using 2007, and via support, I had to revoke my license and re-issue a new license... after that it installed fine. I just ran into the same issue with someone else on our team and had to do the same steps for her. It seems that the revoke/re-issue remedy resolved the initial installation issue. (#alliteration)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jen!  Strangely I haven't heard back from Marketo tech support on this issue since I reported it Friday afternoon.  I revoked the license for my user and re-issued it.  Hopefully your simply stupendous suggestion will patch this pernicious problem!  :0)