SOLVED

Re: Import list match with Marketo ID or SFDC ID

Go to solution
Stoyanova
Level 2

Import list match with Marketo ID or SFDC ID

I would like to update the score of existing leads in Marketo by importing a list. But since we have duplicates in our database I would like to link the new score with the right Marketo ID (or SFDC ID) not the email.  When matching with the email Marketo matches with the email but with the wrong duplicate records. Is this anyhow possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A UI-based upload dedupes on Email.

An API-based upload can dedupe on ID instead.

Another way to do an update by ID is to call a webhook that can do the lookup in the file by ID.

If you're feeling adventurous and need to use the UI, you can (a) temporarily copy the Email Address to a secondary Email Address type field, (b) replace the Email Address with the {{lead.Id}}, (c) reimport with the ID in the Email Address column, then (d) copy the original {{lead.Email Address}} back. If you embark on this, test, test, test with a group of dummy leads first.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

A UI-based upload dedupes on Email.

An API-based upload can dedupe on ID instead.

Another way to do an update by ID is to call a webhook that can do the lookup in the file by ID.

If you're feeling adventurous and need to use the UI, you can (a) temporarily copy the Email Address to a secondary Email Address type field, (b) replace the Email Address with the {{lead.Id}}, (c) reimport with the ID in the Email Address column, then (d) copy the original {{lead.Email Address}} back. If you embark on this, test, test, test with a group of dummy leads first.

Fabiannb
Level 2

Hey, thank you for the answer seems the other person could solve it. However, I'm new in Marketo and I wondering if this is the only way. There is no option in the UI of Market to import a list which matches with Marketo ID?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, my response above still accurately describes the options.

Fabiannb
Level 2

could you describe please the process? I can't find that option to update. If I import the list just create a new lead. 

SanfordWhiteman

Please show your full payload and the URL you’re posting to.

Fabiannb
Level 2

Sorry, what do you mean with payload and posting URL? 

I'm trying to upload the contacts in a list, do you want me to send you the URL of this list?

SanfordWhiteman

Hi, I mean you must (as noted above) use the Bulk Lead Import with the lookupField set to id: https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/bulk-import/bulk-lead-import/

You cannot use the UI-based import.