SOLVED

Ignoring Inferred Geography?

Go to solution
Steve_Carlton
Level 2

Ignoring Inferred Geography?

Hi Everyone,

I am creating a referral form in which our customer would be filling out the form, but the info being entered will be creating a new lead in Marketo/Salesforce.

The issue I am running into is that Salesforce is setup to assign the lead owner based on inferred state first, then billing state. In this one instance I would rather assign based on the manual 'State' selection in the form and ignore inferred state. Is this possible to do either in the form code or the Marketo flow?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Ignoring Inferred Geography?

You set it up to listen to the Lead's State choice first, and only use Inferred fields last as they are least accurate.

Not sure how else you have this setup, but if the fields are in both Marketo and SFDC, you can use them in either system.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You set it up to listen to the Lead's State choice first, and only use Inferred fields last as they are least accurate.

Not sure how else you have this setup, but if the fields are in both Marketo and SFDC, you can use them in either system.

Steve_Carlton
Level 2

Thank you. I made this change in the Salesforce assignment rules so that Inferred fields are a lower priority.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Thomas,

One workaround would just be to push the lead to SFDC, let the Salesforce.com assignment rules do their job based on the inferred country, wait until this is done and run a "change owner" from Marketo to override the SFDC first assignment.

But sincerely, I would just revisit the rule that uses the inferred country prior to the declared country to assign leads. If you are in a international company, addressing people who travel, the inferred country can be quite questionable.

-Greg