If/Then Conditions for Forms

Jessica_Makrino
Level 1

If/Then Conditions for Forms

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to setup if/then conditions for forms. If someone fills out a form on our website, Marketo reads country to decide who to send the lead to. My Sales Team is asking me to add in product of interest as another condition. For example, if the country is Mexico and the product of interest is X, it should go to one salesperson but if the country is Mexico and the product of interest is Y, it should go to a different salesperson. We have 3 different products to choose from and these conditions are not for every country.

I know this type of if/then conditions are possible with other workflows in Marketo, but it doesn't seem possible in the forms workflow that was created.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: If/Then Conditions for Forms

Well, you can setup the conditions as per below in the flow-step of the SC for assigning people to the apt. lead owner based on person's Country and Interest values. You'd need as many flow steps as the # of lead owners you have, and for each you'd need to add the apt values in the choices.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1654523572076.png

You should trigger this campaign on the Fills Out Form activity for the apt form (and constrain by webpage(s) if applicable).

Jessica_Makrino
Level 1

In theory, that should work but I have multiple countries in my workflow. So if it gets to the second line and it says "product of interest is X" then it will not properly execute the workflow. Thank you!

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, this would not be accomplished by a single flow step, rather you'd need to have multiple flow steps set to handle the assignment based on the Country - Product Interest - Sales Owner mapping.

Christiane_Rode
Level 6 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Am I correct in assuming that you're trying to have multiple if statements in the flow step?

One way I can think of to handle this (and there may be others here that have another way to do this, as you could have a lot of smart campaigns here depending on your products) would be to use campaign is requested/request campaign in your smart lists. 

So, let's say you have an initial smart campaign called 401 Country Assignment.

• Smart List: Trigger - Fills out Form
  • Flow: Request Campaign
    • If Country (or whatever the field is on your form) is Mexico, Request: 410 Route Leads for Mexico
    • If Country is US, Request: 411 Route Leads for US
    • etc.

Then you'd call the smart campaigns for each country that would then assign your lead, we'll use 410 Route Leads for Mexico for this example.

• Smart List: Campaign is Requested, Source is Marketo Flow Action
  • Flow: Send alert (or whatever you're using to assign your lead)
    • If Product is X, Send alert to Jane Smith (Email is: Your Email Alert, Send to: None, Other Emails: Jane's email)
    • If Product is Y, Send alert to Robert Johnson (Email is: Your Email Alert, Send to: None, Other Emails: Robert's email)
    • etc.

More information on Request Campaign  and Campaign is Requested and another walkthrough on the community

Jessica_Makrino
Level 1

Ahhh okay! So just to be clear, instead of having 1 smart campaign for my form workflow, I should create multiples for each country/ product line I am trying to split?

Christiane_Rode
Level 6 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Correct. In my example above, I only have two, a parent (the campaign that calls the other campaign), and a child (the campaign that is requested that does the final assignments), however, you could have more "child" campaigns if needed depending on your setup -- I usually err on the side of fewer campaigns, as that's fewer things to turn on/turn off.