603 Error on submitForm

alejandroabaroa
Level 1

603 Error on submitForm

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Marketo API, trying to hit the /rest/v1/leads/submitForm.json endpoint on my backend, but it keeps giving me a 603 error. I've looked at the documentation and my user and role have full API permissions, and there's no IP restrictions going on.

The funny thing is, I can test the endpoint locally on postman, and I can submit a form sucessfully, but the same does not apply on my backend. I've tried a lot of things to no avail, I was wondering if someone had an idea of what's happening here.

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: 603 Error on submitForm

If the API user is same in both the cases (Postman and back-end) and has the sufficient permissions (which you confirmed it has), technically IMO you shouldn't be getting 603 error on the back-end! On a different note, I would suggest using the Marketo background form submissions instead for submitting the external forms to the Marketo as it's lot more scalable, secure, and won't consume your API calls.

alejandroabaroa
Level 1

Posting this here in case someone else has this issue:
The issue was that we were unauthorized, rather than having insufficient permissions. The issue was we weren't sending out the Authorization token correctly, but since error 603 seems to suggest otherwise, we weren't able to realize this until we opened up a support ticket.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The issue was that we were unauthorized, rather than having insufficient permissions.

Well... “unauthorized” is the same as  “insufficient permissions.” 🙂

Think you mean you were unauthenticated because the access token wasn’t being sent, but had thought you were authenticated + unauthorized.