SOLVED

If lead owner value not available but account value available?

Go to solution
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

If lead owner value not available but account value available?

In the email design we are using tokens to make the from and reply to fields the email addresss of the account/ lead owner, but these are 2 seperate pieces of information. Is it possible to make an if statement using the token informaiton? Additionally if neither exist I want the default value to = generic email and information.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

Re: If lead owner value not available but account value available?

It might be more work if you're doing this over and over but for a one-time situation, you could send the two emails separately -- one with the smart list of SFDC type = Lead, one =Contact and have a different token in each.

You could also create segments and then use dynamic content to determine if the token is Lead Owner or Account owner.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eric,
I may be wrong but I don't think that this will work.

I would just assign the leads to the account owner.

Best regards

Steffen
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

That would involve Changing the lead from a lead to an account which we don't want to do untill they have been qualified.
Is there a way in marketo to run that type of if statement? if it isn't is it possible for Marketo to encode basic excel functions to the field?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eric,
no I don't mean "converting" a Lead to a account (will be a contact and not a account in Salesforce anyway...) what I mean is to give leads which don't have a Lead Owner the Account Owner as a Lead Owner. Hope this makes it more clear... (and I'm not sure this works, was just my first idea)

It is possible to have a Token which takes the Lead Owner and with a fallback if there is not Lead Owner to take a default value. But I don't think it's possible to have a Token which looks for the Lead Owner with a fallback to Account Owner and if there is also no Account Owner to fallback to a Default Value. I may be wrong on this.

Best regards

Steffen
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

It might be more work if you're doing this over and over but for a one-time situation, you could send the two emails separately -- one with the smart list of SFDC type = Lead, one =Contact and have a different token in each.

You could also create segments and then use dynamic content to determine if the token is Lead Owner or Account owner.